Tire Blew out. Can't Believe the Damage

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
IMG_4797.JPGIMG_4799.JPGIMG_4798.JPG

I was driving down the highway when I literally thought a bomb went off. Crazy the force it has when a tire blows up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• IMG_4797.JPG
    IMG_4797.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_4799.JPG
    IMG_4799.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_4798.JPG
    IMG_4798.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 180

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
separated tires always do the most damage and those bed sides dont hold up at all to them when they go. thats my biggest fear on my toy hauler and truck. our heat out here does not play well with tires. i am ALWAYS looking for bad torque cracking and bubbles in the tires.

Veikra

Dec 19, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Damn that sucks, but I have an advise; buy a wallis dually fender. They are in real fiberglass, stronger, lighter and repairable.

This type of plastic is not repairable, it wont melt back, and it sheds oil over time so even glue won't stay on for long.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Wow that is some insane amounts of damage. Sorry that happened to you. I guess if aired up to 65-80PSI as it should be I guess when it blows it goes!

iPhattMatt

Looking for a new job!!
Sep 2, 2011
Moorpark, CA
That looks painful.

I would call it the "Leaf Spring Window Mod", similar to the Fuel Filter Window Mod. It might make you feel better calling it this.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah man, it scared the shit out of me lol! Obviously it happened in the middle of no where and there was only one tire place. Just my luck that they didn't have my size in stock. I waited for 4 hours before they finally found one. I guess it would have been worse if I had need a tow.

I'm going to keep that new tire as a spare and order up six new ones next week.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Damn that sucks, but I have an advise; buy a wallis dually fender. They are in real fiberglass, stronger, lighter and repairable.

This type of plastic is not repairable, it wont melt back, and it sheds oil over time so even glue won't stay on for long.

Wallis Dually fender huh? Never heard of them before. I'll have to ask you when I see you to check your balance rates;) You still need them checked?

Nick

Veikra

Dec 19, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Yeah he's a guy just like us and has been making dually fender since the 80s. He's in georgia though.

The OEM fender arent worth crap, especially for us snow dwellers. very cold then very hot. It cracks no matter the repair you try.

Real fiberglass is much better, stronger and repairable if cracked.

Yes I need them checked still, I sent you a pm but you didnt reply

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Took the whole right bed side off my truck with a separated tire... I was being a cheap ass and pushed them further than I should have, made it within 250 miles of where I had my new tires and wheels waiting:rofl: