Time to overhaul

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
Well, at 340k, and after 2 seasons of racing, it's time to overhaul the front end of my lbz.

Upper and lower control arms on both sides are shot and the idler is on it's way out. So...I've decided I might as well just get the whole front end out of the way.

Truck is a DD but I use 4wd a fair amount and truck sees quite a bit of use at the track. I put sleeves on when I replaced the inner tie rods 2 years ago. Dhd brace last year after the trans build. I would like to still use the dhd brace.

Current plan:

Kryptonite UCA's
Kryptonite LCA's (when released just because)
Kryptonite tie rods
Kryptonite center link
Moog pitman
Kryptonite idler
Kryptonite death grip idler bracket
Driver side hub (passenger side done last fall)
Energy front sway bar bushings and end links
Torsion tool for bar removal

I'll be pulling the torsion bolts, and throwing 3" shackles on the rear and possibly installing caltracs at the same time.

Anything I missed or anything you guys would suggest due to experience? I have a second vehicle so I don't mind having to order and wait on parts down the road when things need replacing again.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
The torsion bar unloading tool you can rent at auto zone for the price of the tool and when you bring it back you get your money back. Should save you about 80 bucks to put towards more parts :thumb:

As far as everything I have no idea I feel like kryptonite is way overpriced.

unionmax481

hot rodder
Aug 8, 2014
lebanon in
I like the rare off-road tire rods just put new moog upper idler with the ultimate idler arm on buddies truck very nice so nice i need to buy the idler now

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
I've heard good, I've heard bad, I've heard I should go aftermarket, I've heard moog will be fine. I just don't want to be rebuilding my front end constantly.

Will there be a difference between running sleeves with the dhd brace vs kryptonite rods and centre link (assuming the dhd brace will still work, I'm trying to not need the PISK). Trying to stiffen everything to avoid any roll/toe in changes. I was sold on the fact I would lose little to no steering radius with the kryptonite link and rods.

As for the control arms, it's more a matter of looks for me. I prefer the beefy look over the cognito, and I want to go aftermarket on these because the bushings are greaseable and for ease of ball joint replacement down the road (both cognito and kryptonite have these wonderful features).

I looked at PPE's stuff...and that is overpriced for me. Hell, for all I know the kryptonite idler and death grip brace are overkill and I can get away with a normal moog replacement. And I'm still not sure which I want to do there tbh. I just know I'm going to be under there changing pretty much everything, and don't want to regret it a year down the road and wish I had gone one way or the other.

Been digging up all the threads I can find, but I must be reading the wrong ones. I'll keep digging. Just hoping for some input from people who are using, or did use these parts, if they are still using them, if they have gone a different route after using, that kinda thing. Really haven't seen that in another thread yet unless I'm blind and missed one....entirely possible.

I'll look into tool rental here. Never heard of that in my area.