Time to go on a diet!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Actually I fill the bed with bags of sand and the cab with fat chicks. Lol!

Everything I stated in my first post is getting done to the truck.

How do you figure this is backwards?

:rofl: Confusing pulling with racing? I meant, what ELSE have you done to cut weight or are you trying to do this as the truck runs on the street?

Just seems to me that the lift and 35s are going to be too much to overcome with backhalf-ing the truck. Thats a lot of work for potentially little gain. How are you going to address the truck's profile? Thats a lot of area against the wind.
The 4.56s should in theory help with the tire size, but you're still dealing with the tire/wheel weight. But those things have to weigh 100lbs+ a corner? Thats a lot of inertia to overcome.

In the end, the only way we all find out if an idea actually works is for someone to try it. So I sincerely wish you luck, and hope your ideas work.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
This truck is my DD so its a slow process. Looking for a beater to drive so I can really tear into it.

Decided not to back half the truck just gonna shorten it up a bit and move the axle forward. Its gonna be hard to replace the frame with tubing while making it strong enough to still pull a trailer and save weight.

Compound turbo setup got thrown out also for a remote mount turbo with a custom intake manifold and front mount intercooler. Already have most of the parts for that project.

Ran out of argon for the TIG so this is as far as we got today.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1304213771895.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1304213771895.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 34

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Just a thought, smaller tires can help but not a whole lotta smaller. I ditched my 325/60/20 nittos for the Mickey Thompson 325/50/20. It's not a whole lotta smaller but it looks good to me and feels a bit quicker too.

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
With the 6spd I really doubt you would run out of gear at the end of the track with some smaller tires. Nothing wrong going through the traps spinning high rpms. Jmo.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
With the 6spd I really doubt you would run out of gear at the end of the track with some smaller tires. Nothing wrong going through the traps spinning high rpms. Jmo.

It's only a 150 rpm difference when I dropped 35's to a bit over 33's. It does seem to help to pep up but he has gears on them so I would think they probably would make it rev it a bit higher than stock. It would be better to swap smaller tires like 33's just for the track only and go back to 35's for daily driving.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I shift into 6th gear going through the traps so I have plenty of room to go to smaller tires. But I would have to buy a set of wheels with a BS of at least 4.5" to clear the spindles and then a set of tires. That is an option but I would rather spend the money on other mods.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Poor boy bender. I'm standing on a 2x4 and Troy is hammering the bend with a dead blow. Made perfect 90 degree bends.

Evil Arc Fab is a couple broke ass white boys! Lol!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1304222755282.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1304222755282.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 52

Black Reaper 2007

Jan 19, 2010
Ive seen a lot of dumb ideas before but this takes not only takes the cake, but the whole damn bakery too... Now to take some of the sting away from what I just said heres a dancing chicken. :chicken2: