Time has come

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
what was the deal with multi color dodge did it get rolled or something and james whos traction bars do u have or did u built them urself ?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
what was the deal with multi color dodge did it get rolled or something and james whos traction bars do u have or did u built them urself ?

Thats my buddy austin. the kid before him bought the truck with under 100k but it was rolled. the guy who had it never claimed it on insurance so title was still clean. When the kid bought it, austin and them put a new cab on it with those doors, new hood, and fiberglass fenders (they bought it for 3500 bucks i think). the kid then got hammered one night and drove it straight off a 5 ft embankment. truck flipped up and put teh rear frame into a tree and twisted the LF knuckle (had no bed at the time) but nothing else happend. He had no money to fix it so austin talked him into letting him buy it for 4k, he fixed the knuckle (found it had a bent spindle as well), put steel fenders up front, he and i fixed the a/c, found a bed to put on it, put thos new 35s and wheels on it, put a rebuilt nv5600 in with a south bend dual disc and now hes talkin with my painter guy about having him repaint it all. He has nother 97 dodge with twins on it but loves this 3rd gen much more. im jelous of his truck. he got it for a steal and it drives like new. it seems rough but its one of best trucks hes bought so far (he likes to go though vehicles lol)

i built the traction bars. brian, steve and a few other guys on here are running them.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Thank you everyone!!!!

Yeah adeso (is it andy or andrew? Tony told me but i suck at names lol), i probably wont go as far as droppin the seats out but i still had my 150lbs spare under the truck tthat needs to go, take tailgate off, and some other little stuff. Tire pressure will be my biggest thing. Front end was hoppin still from too much air. I have a co2 bottle i use for wheelin ill bring next time and see if i can get a 1.7 60 on 37s :D

I still i have to fix the boost leak and have steve fix me up some spicier tuna, this tune as a "safer" tune since i was worried about the motor and how it would handle it (i dont always trust myself). I never thought the potential for 11s would be there! Truck amazed me the whole night lol.

And yeah yeah mike :D i got pretty pissed when i ran a 13.04 again. I didnt really stop at the pits, just jump back in line and boosted up a hell of alot more. Then hit that 12.3 and called it good for a while lol

Andy, Andrew, Drew, hey fat ass, dipshit, Farva, adeso, I will answer to about anything lol. You also might want to look into stronger limit straps if your front end is still raising up-I put mine on right before I run b/c there is no way I would want to DD with them. Front seat isn't bad, 2 bolts 2 nuts and one plug. Rear seats are 6 floor bolts and 2 little bolts that hold the seats together (IDK if you have ever looked at it) but between that and your extra battery I bet you will pick up a 10th right there.

Can't wait to have another truck on 37s in the 11s! :woott:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Andy, Andrew, Drew, hey fat ass, dipshit, Farva, adeso, I will answer to about anything lol. You also might want to look into stronger limit straps if your front end is still raising up-I put mine on right before I run b/c there is no way I would want to DD with them. Front seat isn't bad, 2 bolts 2 nuts and one plug. Rear seats are 6 floor bolts and 2 little bolts that hold the seats together (IDK if you have ever looked at it) but between that and your extra battery I bet you will pick up a 10th right there.

Can't wait to have another truck on 37s in the 11s! :woott:

lol its not from the front lifting, its straight traction loss and having 50psi of air in the tires caused the tire to bounce. front end never lifted as these are quadruple wrapped straps ( super thick stuff they use on trophy truck and class one cars for limiting their down travel). Holding 200lbs of weight isnt much issue to them.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Those pics are nice.

Funny how we all go about our business prepping our trucks the same way. Laying on the ground turning a breaker bar.....

What the heck is the story behind the multi-colored Dodge? He put that truck together with the help of all the local boneyards? :rofl:

Congrats on your times, James! Not too shabby....

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
What the heck is the story behind the multi-colored Dodge? He put that truck together with the help of all the local boneyards? :rofl:

Thats my buddy austin. the kid before him bought the truck with under 100k but it was rolled. the guy who had it never claimed it on insurance so title was still clean. When the kid bought it, austin and them put a new cab on it with those doors, new hood, and fiberglass fenders (they bought it for 3500 bucks i think). the kid then got hammered one night and drove it straight off a 5 ft embankment. truck flipped up and put teh rear frame into a tree and twisted the LF knuckle (had no bed at the time) but nothing else happend. He had no money to fix it so austin talked him into letting him buy it for 4k, he fixed the knuckle (found it had a bent spindle as well), put steel fenders up front, he and i fixed the a/c, found a bed to put on it, put thos new 35s and wheels on it, put a rebuilt nv5600 in with a south bend dual disc and now hes talkin with my painter guy about having him repaint it all. He has nother 97 dodge with twins on it but loves this 3rd gen much more. im jelous of his truck. he got it for a steal and it drives like new. it seems rough but its one of best trucks hes bought so far (he likes to go though vehicles lol)

i built the traction bars. brian, steve and a few other guys on here are running them.

:)

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Congrats :hi5:

Hey Kat, can i get one of them 12s tag deals? i posted a pic of the slip in my garage time slip area. ive been holding out on posting a slip till i was in the 12s :D

Those pics are nice.

Funny how we all go about our business prepping our trucks the same way. Laying on the ground turning a breaker bar.....

Congrats on your times, James! Not too shabby....

lol right? i was gunna drive out there with them lowered already but she has bad toe out when they are lowered. fabtech lifts are bad at bumpsteer correction.

see the quote above yours, he got a hell of a deal on it.

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Congrats James! I didnt have time to get on here this weekend but this was the first thread I checked this am. My 12.4 guess was pretty good eh? 12.39 is moving for that huge bitch! Im impressed for sure. Looks like we have a little race to the 11's competition going on...

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Congrats man that was faster than i was thinking I was just giving you shit with the 14.2

lol i know kevin :hug: thanks though buddy! :D

Congrats James! I didnt have time to get on here this weekend but this was the first thread I checked this am. My 12.4 guess was pretty good eh? 12.39 is moving for that huge bitch! Im impressed for sure. Looks like we have a little race to the 11's competition going on...

Lol pretty much! when i got my time slip i was runnin though my head on who was the closest. you damn near nailed it! lol Thanks though! everyone at the track was kinda laughin when i lined up the first time. Hell the tech guy never checked under the hood or asked if i had a helmet. just said "hell yeah, lifted truck!" lol. After the low 12, people kept askin me what i had done to it in the staging lanes. I was only allowed to run the right lane though, apparently the first time i ran i left without boost and smoked the hell out of the trigger man for the tree. He told me to stay in the right lane so he could avoid the smoke :D. You will beat me to the 11s though, i wont be trying for a long time here. probably not till NHRDA next year.

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az

lol that truck has had a rough life but hey if it runs what the hell humm might have to hit u up for some tbars we will see