Time for a transmission upgrade

Southgaduramax

Apr 21, 2009
Cairo, Ga
I am ready to start throwing some more power at my truck but want a transmission upgrade first before i fry the whole thing. i was wondering which one do yall think is the best one to get. i like the suncoast kits and merchant automotive ones as well. which ones do yall suggest

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I am ready to start throwing some more power at my truck but want a transmission upgrade first before i fry the whole thing. i was wondering which one do yall think is the best one to get. i like the suncoast kits and merchant automotive ones as well. which ones do yall suggest

I would hands down go with a Suncoast kit and probably just got with an SC IV

Edited Incorrect Info

Last edited:

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
MA is a Suncoast kit... I would hands down go with a Suncoast kit and probably just got with an SC IV

From what I understand Eric has started doing the machining in house and uses Alto Clutches (same clutches as the SunCoast).

I would also recommend going straight to a SunCoast Stage IV. Don't know of any shops down your way but SunCoast is right next door in Florida and we're in NC. Difference is we can hook you up with a package deal on Stage IV Trans, EFI Live, tuning, lift pump, ect.

Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
and eric uses the Precision torque convertor unless a special request (added cost) is ordered for something different IIRC.

Mine IS an SCIII done up by Eric though... at least that's what I've been led to believe. :angel:

C-ya

Southgaduramax

Apr 21, 2009
Cairo, Ga
oh well i didnt realize that M A was suncoast but thanks i was also thinking that the stage IV would be a good choice but thanks for the input guys