Time for a built trans?

Addiction

sideways
Jan 7, 2014
NC
ell being that we got some snow in the past few days i went and did some riding with some friends and maybe raised a little to much hell.. Truck threw 2 codes p0700 and p0777 both are trans codes..wondering if seeing these codes maybe its time to get a built trans?? Thoughts please?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
The triple 7 code is not a good one to get...it's when two gears get "tied up" or try engaging at one time, when one doesn't let go or something...it's bad but I don't know that it means it's time for a build, I'm not sure at all about that though
The 700 code is a warning light code, so I think it's just alerting you there is a problem...the problem would be the 777 code

Here's a link to a 777 code related thread:

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34091

Addiction

sideways
Jan 7, 2014
NC
Great news lol...people said the 777 code is the death code of the trans and it means its on the way out..maybe giving big dipper a call here soon

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Great news lol...people said the 777 code is the death code of the trans and it means its on the way out..maybe giving big dipper a call here soon

Well it is, the code of death that is, and it usually does indicate the trans is goin out...

all I was saying is that just cuz it happened once, doesn't mean you gotta build it now, but you soon will be if you don't baby the heck outta it, and theres no guarantee that's gonna keep it alive all that long either...

The only guarantee you have here is you're guaranteed that this shit is going to break, and you're guaranteed this shit is gonna be expensive

Welcome to the world of performance diesels:hug:

:angel:

Addiction

sideways
Jan 7, 2014
NC
Haha yea i knew it was coming anyways lol..ive had a few cummins in the past with some go fast parts on them and this hobby aint cheap! But it dose give me a reason to get a built trans just gunna empty my pockets lol

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Not looking good limped the trans again while passing a car today

If that's how you baby a hurt trans, then yeah, you should've made a parts order last week:roflmao:

What can I say though, it's not easy when it's soo fun :hug:

Time to call mike:rolleyes:

Addiction

sideways
Jan 7, 2014
NC
I tried!! But they were just going so slow! Lol but yes think i will call George this week hes closer then mike and still builds a hell of a trans.

Addiction

sideways
Jan 7, 2014
NC
Decided on going with dustin at diesel addiction..seemed like he really knows his stuff after talking with him.. Should have my truck in his shop at the end of the month