Tie rod sleeve question (need answeres fast!!!)

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
putting my sleeves on so i can race to night, first i noticed after looking through this thread here http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264&highlight=sleeves

my tie rods go from the top down, not bottom up like his.

next after doing mine i counted 36.5 rev tell it was off, putt he lock nut back on after the sleeve and ran the tie-rod back on 36 revs, now with the lock nut tight agaisnt the rod, theirs no threads left for the sleeve, so do i take that nut off and use the sleeve as the lock nut?

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
Use a tape measure to measure the tread width across the front of the front tires as high up on them as possible. Then do the same on the back side of the front tires to see if there the same or with in 1/4-1/8". If not, adjust them both with the same amount of turns per tie rod and drive backward 20-40ft, then back forward and recheck. Make sure your steering wheel is central when driving down the road when done. If not, loosen both tie rods and adjust in the same direction till steering wheel is central.

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
thats what i thought, untell i clicked the link and see that he was still installing the jam nut. thanks for the fast replys!

now just got to look at how to drop the torsion bars and shes ready to hit the track tonight, to bad the trans inst going to enjoy it :thumb:

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
it has a tuff country 4" lift kit on it, my angles are not bad right now, but wana get everything as flat as possible so i wana drop the front down.

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
After your done racing I'd recommend a professional alignment :thumb:
yeah i plan on it, my alligment has always been a little off from the get go, just didnt wana pay for it then take it back off for the sleeves, its on the list! :D

07bluelbz

Work Hard & Play Harder
Sep 6, 2009
Beaumont,Texas
You need and 18 mm socket and preferably a breaker bar. Lower drivers side til bolt turns freely and then passenger the same but tighten the passenger side back up at least 1 turn. Count your turns out and put them back the same when you are done.Make sure the bolts are lubed and the weight is off the truck.

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
I do just change oil. I had no idea what I was doing on the alignment rack :roflmao:
if you just change oil, ill take that turbo mount kit off your truck for ya ;)
im all seriousness tho, do you have anymore pictures of it? i really dont like the vgt turbo on my lly and want to do a s366 swap...

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
if you just change oil, ill take that turbo mount kit off your truck for ya ;)
im all seriousness tho, do you have anymore pictures of it? i really dont like the vgt turbo on my lly and want to do a s366 swap...

Dustin, here's your chance. Trevor is the perfect guy for that HTT. Time for Trents new spinner. Strike while the iron is hot!

BLACKLBZ

Speed Junkie
Dec 6, 2008
Cincinnati
Put some good grease or anti seize on the inside of your sleeve's before you install them. I had a very tough time getting mine back apart before I was given this helpful hint. If you ever have to replace tie rods or get another alignment, you will save yourself some trouble by doing this.

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
Put some good grease or anti seize on the inside of your sleeve's before you install them. I had a very tough time getting mine back apart before I was given this helpful hint. If you ever have to replace tie rods or get another alignment, you will save yourself some trouble by doing this.

About that.... I had one somehow back itself off and come loose so it got lock-tighted on....