tie rod ends

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
I run the rare parts tierods on mine. They are a lot beefier than the factory units. If your stockers are worn out, now is the time to get the rare parts because they are cheaper than if you bought new inners/outers and sleeves. If your's are good, just put a set of sleeves on

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I run the rare parts tierods on mine. They are a lot beefier than the factory units. If your stockers are worn out, now is the time to get the rare parts because they are cheaper than if you bought new inners/outers and sleeves. If your's are good, just put a set of sleeves on

I agree with this guy.

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
What there is to consider is cost and replacement. Replacement time will come. The stockers with the sleeve have been proven time and time again over the years on the the most powerful Dmax trucks out there. When replacement time cometh, you can pick up the OEM, Moog or what ever there is for OEM stock replacement from a auto parts store practically any were (if out of town this is a plus) and remove the sleeves from the old set and re-install them on the new ones. The replacement joints are pretty cheap last time I checked.

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
yep the guys breaking ain't cause they're on stock front end parts,, usually more about setup. I've watched some tough trucks do great like said above kick ass with about $80 worth of front end mods. straps and sleeves ;) we do run a straight center link though

Last edited:

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I've pulled with alot of setups. Sleeves and braces, cognitos and strapped, and now rare parts and braces, one of my braces has a crack on the weld but it seems to work good. I can honestly say I never had issues with stock parts and sleeves. My only mistake was trying to pull with leveling keys, lesson learned, the hard way. If I was to build another truck I think I would run sleeves and an all season brace or fab a brace like mike tomac made. Simple yet it works

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Sleeves and braces here on 80,000 mile stock parts, all ok!!! setup is key to making any front end setup live, even the strong stuff will break if the setup is bad enough!