Thinking of trading my truck...

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Whitetail, how many miles on your truck? Anything wrong with it or you just want to trade up?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I found an 05 LLY ZF6 CCSB Sandstone LS, 75,xxx.

Just looking for some input from other diesel enthusiasts...everyone else says I'm nuts to consider it. :D

If you are into Drag Racing, keep the 03 with the Allison... if you aren't there is nothing wrong with trading up:D

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Whitetail, how many miles on your truck? Anything wrong with it or you just want to trade up?

112,2xx on my truck as of tonight...nothing wrong with the truck. I'm kicking around the idea due to an upgrade to the LLY and I do miss shifting gears.

The 05 is an LS with cloth seats and the lower end creature comforts (ac controls, stereo, etc) my 03 is the LT with all available options...that is one kicker. The price is a bit high on the 05 too.

Paint, drag racing is in my plans with my current truck but I think Caleb proved that zfs can be fast...

I like that advice Ted, did you get your truck fixed?

I'm gonna call the dealer tomorrow (when I get out of jury duty) to get an idea of what I'm in for.

Last edited:

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
I like that advice Ted, did you get your truck fixed?

I'm gonna call the dealer tomorrow (when I get out of jury duty) to get an idea of what I'm in for.

Nope, not yet. Part should be in this week, and I am going to get back at this weekend, hopefully it all goes well. Can't wait to see the new truck. :D

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
I'd trade in a heartbeat. what kind of a price are they looking for? I love my LLY but the two things I wish it was is manual and crew cab. Mine is the LS and I get by just fine without all the fancy stuff. If you don't take it maybe I'll have to drive out east and pick up a new truck ;)

Blueox03

Aug 12, 2006
Jackson County, MS
A guy up the road from me just sold an 06 CCSB SLT with 140K on it for 14. It was a repo with some dings and a ripped seat, but that seemed cheap to me...

Why not swap a ZF6 into the truck you have?

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
A guy up the road from me just sold an 06 CCSB SLT with 140K on it for 14. It was a repo with some dings and a ripped seat, but that seemed cheap to me...

Why not swap a ZF6 into the truck you have?

i would like to do the swap my zf6 but i price it and it goes way to expensive :(