Thinking about getting rid of my truck

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I have gotten a bug that I want something different.

I want a NBS GMC SLT although I am not sure if I want a Duramax because I don't want to go through all of this again.

I also want a Crew Cab and I am sick of the lift.

I could probably have 10-12k cash to put down on a newer truck if I sold mine

On the other hand Mine runs great has no problems and I only owe $5,000 on mine and it will be paid off in less than a year.

What do you guys think I should do?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006

I want a NBS GMC SLT although I am not sure if I want a Duramax because I don't want to go through all of this again.

On the other hand Mine runs great has no problems and I only owe $5,000 on mine and it will be paid off in less than a year.

My truck just got paid off and having no payments is awesome :D Nothing against lifts but I can't stand them. If I was you I would take it back to stock height and enjoy an almost paid off truck :D

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I paid mine off this month. I love it even more :D I like my lift as it keeps me from ruining the underside of my truck during hunting season.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I'm 8 months away from paying mine off and plan on keeping it for at least another 5 years. I will be buying another Dmax, but it will be strictly a work truck.

If you are attached to your truck, and can afford to insure and have room for two of them, I'd buy a second dmax and keep one stockish and mod out the other one for having fun. JMO.......

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Enjoy the life of no payments for a few months and if all else fails save the money from the payments for a even bigger down payment later.

calabria69

Beerstud1
Oct 8, 2008
Santaquin, Utah
I'm 8 months away from paying mine off and plan on keeping it for at least another 5 years. I will be buying another Dmax, but it will be strictly a work truck.

If you are attached to your truck, and can afford to insure and have room for two of them, I'd buy a second dmax and keep one stockish and mod out the other one for having fun. JMO.......
That's what I did.....plus it feels pretty gangster to have 2 dmax's!!

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
I'm going to buy another one as well for the wife she says it'll be faster then mine :rofl: I think I'm going to be a tard an buy another lb7 I wanted a lly or lbz but can't find a good priced one.

Keep yours pay it off then wait a bit an get a new one mines been payed off for awhile now just don't want a payment so trying save money for a house an other things

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
Mine will be payed off in March too, I thought about getting a "new to me" truck, but to start over again would be painful.....:eek: I think I'll keep it and enjoy the time without a payment, but I have a feeling I'll have a bombed out 1500 crewcab or Denali 1500 soon.....

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

Keep it and build the blazer for wheelin :D. Ive had no truck payment for a year now and love it. so much more money in my pocket

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
Keep it pay it off maybe put back to stock height if you are tired of it and enjoy no truck payment. Mines been payed off for 2 yrs and was the main reason I was able to build it. And having 2 dmaxs is always cool.

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
My truck just got paid off and having no payments is awesome :D Nothing against lifts but I can't stand them. If I was you I would take it back to stock height and enjoy an almost paid off truck :D

If I keep it I will be lowering it back down I have to wait till the 35's need replaced I will go to some 285/70R17's and then think about taking off the lift it is just such a PITA to do

That's what I did.....plus it feels pretty gangster to have 2 dmax's!!

That would be cool that way I don't have to worry about regretting selling this but I am not sure what I would need two for. If I was going to get a second newer vehicle I should probably get something with better fuel mileage

Keep it and build the blazer for wheelin :D. Ive had no truck payment for a year now and love it. so much more money in my pocket

I have a SM465 ready to swap in to the Blazer but I don't have much motivation to work on it in my 120 degree garage :rofl:

08 Black Max

Apr 26, 2010
Richmond, VA. - USA
I would investigate new truck now as they are giving 60 mo zero percent interest. Makes a new truck more affordable and leave it stock if you can find one on the lot you like/want, the gm computer search is great to window shop at home, that is how I found my truck in another state.

Then sit down and think cost of new vs cost of modding current truck to the standard you would like it to meet now.

There are several pros and cons that you should weigh to make your decision.
:confused:
It is a hard decision to sell something that has a lot of money, sweat and tears vs money alone invested.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
I'm going to buy another one as well for the wife she says it'll be faster then mine :rofl: I think I'm going to be a tard an buy another lb7 I wanted a lly or lbz but can't find a good priced one.

Keep yours pay it off then wait a bit an get a new one mines been payed off for awhile now just don't want a payment so trying save money for a house an other things

Mine is for sale;)