The I want you to die thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
if anyone is bored, here are some good ones

It starts getting good at post #100 or so. He argues with me and calls me an asshole and idiot because he thinks Im wrong in saying that a garrett 4094 compressor wheel is less than 68mm.
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/turbos-stock-aftermarket/140901-epr-s472-twins.html

this one is good too. SmokinLMM claims that "oil pressure varies with boost, they are both directly related"

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/general-discussion/123404-low-oil-pressure.html

Just to let you guys know. Im not just being a dick to this guy "just because". He's been a moron ever since he joined the forums a while ago and is constantly spreading misinformation and giving the new guys wrong advice. Its been going on a LONG time, and he still doesnt get it. Hes been banned from multiple forums, and still is delusional in thinking that he is right when hes actually completely wrong.

As you guys know, I have zero tolerance for people who spread misinformation multiple times and dont admit fault/corrext themselves.. It makes me go nutty because its detrimental to the whole mission focus of the forums (provide a wealth of knowledge/database for CORRECT answers about truck problems, so guys who dont know can come and get the straight story about the proiblem they might be having with their truck)

I honestly would like to think he is just messing around with us and playing us for a bunch of fools...but sadly I dont think thats teh case. And then he likes to try to twist everything around like Im the bad guy and Im being a dick to him for no reason. Its hilarious.

ben

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I honestly would like to think he is just messing around with us and playing us for a bunch of fools...but sadly I dont think thats teh case. And then he likes to try to twist everything around like Im the bad guy and Im being a dick to him for no reason. Its hilarious.

ben

I thought this for a long time.....still not real sure.

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
So... It appears Ben is insinuating that everybody on DuramaxDiesels.com would increase their IQ by a minimum of 5 points if a staff member would permanently ban SmokinLMM.

I don't know about my fellow members, but I for one agree.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
I know wheni do headgaskets it takes me at least 40 hours(im slow and wander off at times :D) but depending on the machine shop the truck is down for a few days heads get checked clean the block i usually push the truck out and pressure wash the engine bay i clean all the parts that come off ect ect...

i dont see why one would just take heads off put new gaskets on and slap it back together??? i mean your already there just do it right its not a hard concept

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I went from short block to running in 3 1/2 days once, but drank 12 5 hour energies and about 20 16oz monsters (no joke idk how I didn't die)

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Sounds like my ignore list is going to get bigger! :D :roflmao:

lol yes. Wait, can you see my post????? :hello: :roflmao:

I say my share of stupid stuff, but at least if I'm not sure I put something in there like "I think" " I have been told" "it seems to" " I have read" etc

so if you see a post of mine with that in it watch out!

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
lol yes. Wait, can you see my post????? :hello: :roflmao:

I say my share of stupid stuff, but at least if I'm not sure I put something in there like "I think" " I have been told" "it seems to" " I have read" etc

so if you see a post of mine with that in it watch out!

Your safe :thumb:

Lol I was thinking the same thing.....

I'm only an army guy.....be gentle lol.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Is this what you tried to do ?

:baby::baby::baby:

Link for other threads like this is here
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97
Link for this thread is here
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6162

gmLogoFlat.gif
Service Information

2006 Chevrolet Chevy K Silverado - 4WD | Sierra, Silverado (VIN C/K) Service Manual | Engine | Engine Mechanical - 6.6L | Repair Instructions - Off Vehicle | Document ID: 1651925 <hr>
Cylinder Head Cleaning and Inspection
Tools Required

<table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"> • </td><td valign="top">J 9666 Valve Spring Tester</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"> • </td><td valign="top">EN-47909 Injector Bore and Sleeve Cleaning Kit</td></tr></tbody></table>​

1. 663506.gif

2. Clean the cylinder head of all foreign material. Do not use a motorized wire brush on any gasket sealing surface.
  3. Clean the threaded holes.
  4. Clean the injector bores using EN-47909 .
  5. Inspect the cylinder head for the following:
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">Damage to the gasket surfaces</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">Damage to the threaded bolt holes</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">Cracks in the exhaust ports</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">External cracks in the water chamber</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">Cracks between the valve seats</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">Restrictions in the intake or exhaust passages</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">Restrictions in the cooling system passages</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">Rusted, damaged or leaking core plugs</td></tr></tbody></table>​
  6. Measure the cylinder head for warpage with a straight edge and a feeler gauge. A cylinder head block deck with warpage in excess of 0.075 mm (0.0030 in) within a 516.5 mm (20.33 in) area must be replaced.
    663510.gif

7. Measure the cylinder head exhaust manifold deck for warpage. A cylinder head exhaust manifold deck with warpage in excess of 0.1 mm (0.0039 in) within a 453 mm (17.83 in) area must be replaced.
    663513.gif

8. Measure the cylinder head intake manifold deck for warpage. A cylinder head intake manifold deck with warpage in excess of 0.3 mm (0.011 in) within a 493 mm (19.41 in) area must be replaced.
    663516.gif

9. Measure the valve spring tension using J 9666 . Replace the valve spring if the valve spring tension is less than 275 N (61.8 lb) at 41 mm (1.6142 in)
    663518.gif

10. Measure the valve spring for squareness. Replace the valve spring if squareness is beyond 2.0 mm (0.0787 in).
    663520.gif

11. Measure the valve spring free length. The production free length is 56.6 mm (2.2283 in).
  12. Measure the valve stem to guide clearance.
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">11.1. </td><td valign="top">Set a dial indicator to the valve stem measuring point.</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">11.2. </td><td valign="top">Move the valve stem from side to side while reading the total movement on the dial indicator. If the measured valve exceeds 0.20 mm (0.0079 in), replace the cylinder head.</td></tr></tbody></table>​

663524.gif

13. If the valve stem to guide clearance is over 0.25 mm (0.098 in) for the exhaust valve guides or 0.20 mm (0.0079 in) for the intake valve guides, the cylinder head must be replaced.
  14. Inspect the valves for the following:
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">Bent valve stem</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">Scored valve stem</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">Worn valve key grooves</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">Pitted surfaces</td></tr></tbody></table>​

663529.gif

15. Measure the valve margin. The intake valve production margin is 1.2 mm (0.0472 in) and the service limit is 0.88 mm (0.0346 in). The exhaust valve production margin is 1.0 mm (0.0394 in) and the service limit is 0.73 mm (0.0287 in). Replace the valve if the valve margin is below the service limit.
    663532.gif

16. Measure the valve depression.
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">15.1. </td><td valign="top">Insert a new valve into the cylinder head (1).</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">15.2. </td><td valign="top">Use a depth gage or a straight edge to measure the valve depression from the cylinder head gasket surface (2). The intake valve depression is 0.6 mm (0.0236 in) and the service limit is 2.5 mm (0.0984 in). The exhaust valve depression is 0.9 mm (0.0354 in) and the service limit is 2.0 mm (0.0787 in). Recondition the valve seat if the valve depression is above specifications.</td></tr></tbody></table>​

663535.gif

17. Measure the valve contact width.
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">Inspect the valve contact area for roughness or unevenness.</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">The intake valve contact width is 2.1 mm (0.0827 in) and the service limit is 2.5 mm (0.0984 in).</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">The exhaust valve contact width is 2.1 mm (0.0827 in) and the service limit is 2.5 mm (0.0984 in).</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"></td><td valign="top">Recondition the valve seats to bring the contact width into specifications.</td></tr></tbody></table>​
© 2008 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.