The BLM vs. The Bundy Family

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Holly crapp dont me started on friggin turtles...

The feds have been using them as a shield for hidden agendas regularly. I have expirenced it first hand, beach closers, fishing trawl mandates, net fishing bans, no vehicles allowed on beaches, no running on plane allowed after dusk, etc, etc, etc...

This is nothing new, distract the morons with enviromental bs then they waltz right in and take whatever they please. All the while the enviromentalist cheer...:thumb:

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
First off Bundy does not own the land we do. That is U.S. land and the ranchers, miners, industry etc have gotten to use it for very low cost for a long time. I do think its BS when a rancher gets to graze his cattle for free and another guy has to pay for his own land and feed in some other place. Desert tortoise, whos knows. If industry gets to put a solar farm it will be just like mineral rights bs. Grazing rules have saved the land for continued use, instead of allowing it to be grazed tro nothing. the desert does not regrow in a year or two like grasslands. Sure all the political conspiracy threorist will blast me, but I own that land with everyone else in the country. If he paid his fees like everyone else he would still be allowed to graze his animals. He is the one that chose not to pay.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
First off Bundy does not own the land we do. That is U.S. land and the ranchers, miners, industry etc have gotten to use it for very low cost for a long time. I do think its BS when a rancher gets to graze his cattle for free and another guy has to pay for his own land and feed in some other place. Desert tortoise, whos knows. If industry gets to put a solar farm it will be just like mineral rights bs. Grazing rules have saved the land for continued use, instead of allowing it to be grazed tro nothing. the desert does not regrow in a year or two like grasslands. Sure all the political conspiracy threorist will blast me, but I own that land with everyone else in the country. If he paid his fees like everyone else he would still be allowed to graze his animals. He is the one that chose not to pay.

The other ranchers paid and are no longer there. I think you are wrong. The is all about money for harry reid and his son along with the Chinese.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I don't disagree that it is about money and the sweet deal with Chinese but Fast 03 is correct it is public land. I'd like to see the original agreement with his grandfather that was in place back in the 1870's. There is some discussion of grand fathered rights, but it doesn't appear it was ownership, just grazing rights. The other ranchers sold their grazing rights not the land. That may have been the deal, grazing rights that actually had value. Hence "sold" back to the BLM and those grazing allotments were retired for whatever reason. Be it critical habitat for desert tortoise or something else.

The fact that Bundy stopped paying his fees because he didn't believe it was Federal Land is for the courts to decide. If the courts find that he is at fault, he'll either have to make it right with BLM or lose his grazing rights. The BS that BLM tried to pull this past week was doomed to fail as it is something like this that is going to bring out the masses as most of us have had enough from this administration and congress. Harry Reid is a crook, pure and simple and an egotist. Thinks he can do whatever he wants because he has such a powerful position. It is going to the take the people who vote to get rid of him.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
What I read was in 1993, the BLM disallowed grazing on that parcel due to tortoise habitat. He offered the money to Nevada, but they declined. This was after he made a lot of improvements to the land for grazing purposes, and had been paying.

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
What I read was in 1993, the BLM disallowed grazing on that parcel due to tortoise habitat. He offered the money to Nevada, but they declined. This was after he made a lot of improvements to the land for grazing purposes, and had been paying.
That is what I read/heard too. Also, I read that recent studies show the turtle is no longer indangered in that area. Who would of thought cows don't eat turtles! :) So my question is why is that area still a habitat if the original reason why it became a habitat no longer exists? Why don't they let all of the ranchers they drove away back on the land so they can make a good honest living and so I can pay less for my cheeseburger. Don't the Feds have someone else to harass? Leave those ranchers alone!

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Bundy owes 1.1M. That 1.1 million, to the government, is like a penny to the average man.

Funny thing is when all this first starting happening, our drivers were all talking about how many turtles they smash on the hwy when they're driving through the desert. They say there's thousands of them that climb on the road during a certain time of year to bask in the sun, then get obliterated lol

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Bundy owes 1.1M. That 1.1 million, to the government, is like a penny to the average man.

Funny thing is when all this first starting happening, our drivers were all talking about how many turtles they smash on the hwy when they're driving through the desert. They say there's thousands of them that climb on the road during a certain time of year to bask in the sun, then get obliterated lol

Well 1.1million to the goverment is not alot, but what if it is your customer and he does not pay you? You will stop providing services to that customer until he pays and maybe forever if he is a pain in the butt. I also doubt they were running over thousands of turtles. They are not a basking in the sun type turtle. Probably armadillos. Anyway BLM handled it poorly, and who knows who is getting special deals. It really does not matter what side of the aisle a politician sits on, most are crooks. My real beef(LOL) is that if he did not want to lose grazing rights he should have paid his fees.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Some more information in the for what it's worth department.

http://scgnews.com/bundy-ranch-what-youre-not-being-told

http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2014...bundys-land-is-not-solar-farm-for-harry-reid/

http://www.kcet.org/news/rewire/commentary/sorting-fact-from-fiction-on-chinese-solar-in-nevada.html

I think one of the most interesting things stated was the land is not being considered for the solar electrical field, but when Bundy quit paying his lease fees the Clark County in which Las Vages is located bought the lease and retired it as off site mitigation for development in Las Vegas for lost desert tortoise habitat.

btfarm

you know
Nov 25, 2010
Sandwich, Illinois
Of course you need hundreds of heavily armed federal employees, helicopters, contract cowboys, armored vehicles and a million dollar operation to enforce the unpaid grazing violation. Then make sure you destroy all the guy's infrastructure. All conveniently a couple of days after Asshat Harry named his former RH man to head up BLM. This reeks of corruption pure and simple

Sent from my SCH-I535

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Of course you need hundreds of heavily armed federal employees, helicopters, contract cowboys, armored vehicles and a million dollar operation to enforce the unpaid grazing violation. Then make sure you destroy all the guy's infrastructure. All conveniently a couple of days after Asshat Harry named his former RH man to head up BLM. This reeks of corruption pure and simple

Sent from my SCH-I535

The excessive use of force is what I think a lot of people are up in arms about.

I have no issue with them issuing a letter or something that could have accomplished the same, from what I have read he has no legal ground to stand on... but, you don't do what the BLM did.

Keep on poking the bear big brother.

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI

Sent from my SCH-I535

Yes it does, nothing new here though sadly. It's becoming the new normal. :(

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
They could have put liens on Bundys property and collected when he dies.

I don't have a problem with government, In fact I like the government. What I hate is the corruption, and right now, I think a huge percentage of the government is corrupted.

The use of force is all part of the obama administration's game plan. They have been using it since day one. Harry Reid is a liar, and I hope he gets what he deserves.

Here is a gem from an early study, showing that the Tortoise reason is a bunch of Shit.

"The toothless tortoise is ill equipped to harvest and
masticate range forage. The tortoise can harvest only
tender vegetation, and it can't masticate even that. The
tortoise can't process enough bulky, low analysis forage
fast enough to meet its nutritional requirements (Nagy &
Medica 1986). They solved this problem long ago—they
allow other animals to do it for them. Desert tortoises feed
primarily on dung. The more animals using the range, the
more dung, which makes more food available for tortoises.
In the millennia preceding the advent of domestic live-
stock on the range, tortoises subsisted on pellets excret-
ed by rabbits, deer, and bighorn and scats of predators.
Tortoise populations adjusted to the amount of dung
available; their numbers were low (Mollhausen 1854).
The Western Regional Extension Publication No. 39:
By-products and Unusual Feedstuffs in Livestock Rations
(Bath et al. 1980) states:". . . it is commonly estimated that
80% of the total nutrients in feeds are excreted by animals
as manure." The desert tortoise is well adapted for mak-
ing use of cow dung.
Four days elapse between meals.
This allows plenty of time for the tortoise to complete the
digestion that began in the cow's stomach. The digested
food moves slowly, ever so slowly, through tortoise intes-
tines. This trip takes 17 days (Nagy and Medica 1986).
It is a biological law that all organisms tend to increase
to the limits of their food supply. Therefore, it is natural
and to be expected that desert tortoise numbers and live-
stock numbers peaked on the public domain at the same
time.