The Big Pump?

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
pto driven......
Hmmmm...... Now that's an idea, don't know of techs that check the trans for fuel pumps. I think having a big injection pump mounted out of the valley would kick you out of stock class at most places. And a lift pump in the valley with a stock CP3 mounted out of the valley would also raise many brows. I've heard it's hard to convince them the Mitusa is a lift pump.

codyn

Aug 26, 2007
urbana ohio
Hmmmm...... Now that's an idea, don't know of techs that check the trans for fuel pumps. I think having a big injection pump mounted out of the valley would kick you out of stock class at most places. And a lift pump in the valley with a stock CP3 mounted out of the valley would also raise many brows. I've heard it's hard to convince them the Mitusa is a lift pump.

well they say one cp3 never said where it had to be

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Remove gear driven,belt driven....remove from the motor:)

Sick of it all! including wires

Still want a phnuematic cp3:cool:

Too bad it won't fit in the valley, I don't like the belt idea for two reasons:

1-Belts slip. This causes heat, loss of efficiency, and a potential for a failure I.E. lose a belt and then your down until you get a belt back on.

2-That is a lot of load on the pulley system to be sitting away out on the side of the motor as well as a lot of torque on the mounting brackets, mounting points on the engine, etc. and still have to drive the fan, a/c, alternator......

IF it had to be belt driven, I would be happier to see a belt drive system run off of the crank pulley that would drive nothing but the pump. This would require a special made pulley with the extra room for the extra belt and a seperate idler, but I think in the long run it would be the better way to go.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa

1-Belts slip. This causes heat, loss of efficiency, and a potential for a failure I.E. lose a belt and then your down until you get a belt back on.

2-That is a lot of load on the pulley system to be sitting away out on the side of the motor as well as a lot of torque on the mounting brackets, mounting points on the engine, etc. and still have to drive the fan, a/c, alternator......

IF it had to be belt driven, I would be happier to see a belt drive system run off of the crank pulley that would drive nothing but the pump. This would require a special made pulley with the extra room for the extra belt and a seperate idler, but I think in the long run it would be the better way to go.

Get the pump out of the valley and just run one huge @ss pump with a cog drive:D

;)

codyn

Aug 26, 2007
urbana ohio

i could probly keep it in the valley and machine a new cover