The Big Pump?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Who makes the biggest High Pressure Pump for the Duramax right now? By biggest I mean the most flow at max pressure.

I probably am going to be looking for more fuel next year but I don't want to do the dual CP3 thing.

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
I think the cp3-4 is the big one. I've been trying to get a part # but no one want's to share or just doesn't know? I'm not sure if the stroker pumps out perform it or not.

codyn

Aug 26, 2007
urbana ohio
if you want one big cp3 i think i have an idea for one to be mounted out of the valley because it needs to have an oil line run to it and a drain tube. but this one flows 240% over stock.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I was gonna say the same thing as cody, I know someone working on this right now. I think we are gonna see this by next year. Having the pump out of the valley will simplify alot of things.

WICKED DIESELS

you need more fuel
I think the cp3-4 is the big one. I've been trying to get a part # but no one want's to share or just doesn't know? I'm not sure if the stroker pumps out perform it or not.

I have the 3.4 part numbers, they would have to be imported from Europe as they are not available in US.

We make a stroker CP3, you can contact Mcrat for pricing. It will not flow what the 3.4 will, it is over 3/4 total flow of dual CP3's though. Mcrat just set a world record using these pumps.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Industrial Injection has a 92% over flowed pump for the dodge, But dont know if they do a Duramax pump or not. You could check with them.

I tested the II pump vs the Wicked Diesel pump, and the WD pump flows alot more, especially at higher RPM's.

I have 2 Industrial Injection pumps for sale right now that have very low hours on them. I upgraded to the WD pumps.

codyn

Aug 26, 2007
urbana ohio
thats what need to be done because some places are staying with one pump rule so put a big one out of the valley would be best. Grand Pooh-Bah pump

Nov 3, 2006
Modesto, CA
I tested the II pump vs the Wicked Diesel pump, and the WD pump flows alot more, especially at higher RPM's.

I have 2 Industrial Injection pumps for sale right now that have very low hours on them. I upgraded to the WD pumps.

How much more does the WD pump flow? What kind of test did you run?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Where would you mount this monster if you wanted to go with a big single? Not much room if you want to do a set of twin turbo's as well.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
If Im not mistaken the "grand poo-bah" is also a CP3.4??? If i remember right, I think i remember hearing the 3.4 is just big enough to not fit where the stocker is....so that IMO oughta be fine in the typical dual fueler spot by the A/C compressor??? Need to run oil feed and return off of it anyhow. I didn't know they werent avalible here:eek: explains my difficulty trying to find out about the CP3.4, i thought they were installed on the Duramax I-6 cylinder engines on the big Isuzu cab-over trucks? Anyone have a price on these for curiosity sake:D

codyn

Aug 26, 2007
urbana ohio
If Im not mistaken the "grand poo-bah" is also a CP3.4??? If i remember right, I think i remember hearing the 3.4 is just big enough to not fit where the stocker is....so that IMO oughta be fine in the typical dual fueler spot by the A/C compressor??? Need to run oil feed and return off of it anyhow. I didn't know they werent avalible here:eek: explains my difficulty trying to find out about the CP3.4, i thought they were installed on the Duramax I-6 cylinder engines on the big Isuzu cab-over trucks? Anyone have a price on these for curiosity sake:D

grand poo-bah is about 3800 might be able to get it cheeper if someone was serious in one

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
I'm guessing our current cp3 electronics would run the cp3.4? I'm also thinking a commercial truck scrap yard would be a good place to look for one of these pumps?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I THINK I remember reading somewhere that the FCA is quite similar between the CP3.3 and CP3.4. SO we would probably be able to control it the same way via the ECM.

I could be all wrong tho