Thanks Discount Tire for Ruining my Rims

gr8shot

Practically stock
Apr 28, 2009
Grand Island, NE
Had a similar problem at big o tire here. They broke two lugs and said I cross threaded them and I had to pay. But they were the last ones to touch em. So they fixed it for free then didn't have the same lug nuts to put on so they put two non-matching ones on and weren't going to tell me.

I asked for a new set since and they had matching lug nuts on it when I brought it in. They said they'd take care of it. Then they put on another mismatched set and tried to say its fixed. I went ballistic on the manager and guy who I was dealing with. That did the trick and they ordered me a brand new set on the spot while I was standing there and let me keep the ones that were already on it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Springer415

slowly gettin' nowhere
Nov 10, 2011
Delton, Mi
I would pull up to a shop bay with the door down to "unload" your tires, but back up just enough to put your hitch through it then I would say o man it's just the nature of the beast with those doors. I guess that is why people say I am a huge dick because I tend to have "accidents" a lot when things like this happen to me:D

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I would pull up to a shop bay with the door down to "unload" your tires, but back up just enough to put your hitch through it then I would say o man it's just the nature of the beast with those doors. I guess that is why people say I am a huge dick because I tend to have "accidents" a lot when things like this happen to me:D

:roflmao:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
I would park my truck sideways blocking there front doors so they could not get any buisiness until they make it right. Yes they will prolly call the police but who gives a shit

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Get on it asap. I worked for Discount in my earlier years, tell him "Bruce Halley" would not appove of this, might get you somewhere :thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
OP, give a call to corporate. It goes against the store big time and you will be taken care of. i, like brian, worked there for a long time and its surprising what a call can do. The manager is jsut trying to get out of it cause that hurts their sales and units per man hour. stay on them, it will come out to your favor. I was jsut there yesterday to have my tires rotated by the first store i worked at, talk about laxed on how they are suppose to do stuff. My tires were torqued down with a torque stick used as an extention on the torque wrench which WONT set your lugs to the correct torque, no air check was done, music blairing (i like my music loud but shit), and no one to back me out of the bay. while that seems miniscule, its all big time issues for corporate. The manager and i had a little chat needless to say ;)

mckey73

Ethanol suks make whiskey
Feb 14, 2007
Two years ago I bought tires and wheels from them, after I got on the highway and up to about 60 there was a bad vibration. Both of the wheels on the driver side were loose enough to damage the steel wheels. They made it right but come on. A month later a coworker lost one of his wheels on his 71 Blazer - he got tires the day before. We now call that place Dismount Tire.

I won't ever go back.

Jay

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I remember that units per man hour crap, they also double blocked my GMC on saturday when I wetnt there, big no no!

Lol oh yeah. they never called "comin down" out when they let the lifts down, snap torqued the lugs, filling up tires to seat them on the euros, god i could go on and on and on. If that shit happened when i was there, your ass would be in a sling!