Thanks Discount Tire for Ruining my Rims

Soloud

Dec 27, 2011
Had a set of tires mounted on my KMC XD Rockstars on Saturday brought them home took them out of my truck and noticed all four of them were damaged. Call back up to Discount Tire in Merrillville spoke to Carin he told me were closing in about fifteen minutes can you come by Monday and we'll make it right. Today leave work an hour early to make it there by 6:00 pm, walk in tell the guy at the counter what was going on he goes outside with me looks at them and says that's pretty bad I'll find out who put them on and we'll get it taken care of. About five minutes later he comes back in says my manager Kevin is going to check them out and we"ll get it taken care of. I watch them outside walk around my truck with no flash light in the dark and then he comes in and tells me sorry bro it's the nature of the beast with those wheels, you hit something and thats what caused the damage. Now knowing in my head they weren't damaged before Saturday I told him don't give me that bull shit I owned the wheels for three years and never curbed them or anything the only place I drove my truck was to work today and I know I didn't hit anything but, yet it's my fault. Then the next sentence out of his mouth I could've slapped him when he says if you want to buy a new set I'll give you my discount. I now get it anything to make a sale.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
You need to contact B.A.R.....

Does their work order show any damage to the wheels BEFORE they started? Do you have a copyof it?

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
The same thing happened to me at a mavis tire, i had just gotten my wheels coated and the idiot scraped the black paint off two of the wheels, luckily i noticed before i payed. sorry to hear that man, i was pissed off as well.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
You need to contact B.A.R.....

Does their work order show any damage to the wheels BEFORE they started? Do you have a copyof it?

X2 if it's not noted on the order that there was damage it's on them. That's why places do vehicle walk arounds before they touch the vehicle.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I guess that's why you look at your rims before you leave. :thumb:

And they probably woulda said the same thing. 2 guys said they would get it handled and didn't. Probably woulda been the same outcome if he said something right away, atleast thats the way I take it (that these guys are douches)

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Thats bullshit man i wouldnt give up,dont even **** with those asses,go to coprate and tell them what happen and have all the names of people you talked to and it wouldnt hurt to tell them you are a memeber of duramax diesels and duramax forums and your planning on putting post up on both forums as to how you were treated.Matter of fact i would go over to df and pm the discount tire rep over there tell him the story and see how he handles it he knows how many people are watching and how this could affect bussiness.

Scott

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Thats bullshit man i wouldnt give up,dont even **** with those asses,go to coprate and tell them what happen and have all the names of people you talked to and it wouldnt hurt to tell them you are a memeber of duramax diesels and duramax forums and your planning on putting post up on both forums as to how you were treated.Matter of fact i would go over to df and pm the discount tire rep over there tell him the story and see how he handles it he knows how many people are watching and how this could affect bussiness.

Scott

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
And they probably woulda said the same thing. 2 guys said they would get it handled and didn't. Probably woulda been the same outcome if he said something right away, atleast thats the way I take it (that these guys are douches)

Kind of hard to say the rims were curbed if the truck hasn't moved

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
call back and ask to talk to the guy that told you he would take care of it in the 1st place find out when he will be in and make an appointment to talk with him could posibly get it handled that way.

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
I can't see your sig. (Tapatalk) so I'm not sure what size tire/rims you have... Is it even possible to scrape the curb with the size tires you have? I have 305/55/20's and I'm nearly positive that I have enough meat there to clear my rim of the curb if I rub while parking.

If you have meaty tires... This could be a beneficial part of your argument.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
He doesn't have a sig, hes a newby. fwiw this is why I took my nice wheels to a rim shop to mount the tires instead of an S&S or another general tire store.

Eganracing

Aug 3, 2011
My buddy just recently had this issue with his Honda civic but it was Americas tire which I think is about the same thing. They scratched all his rims and mounted 3 of the rims incorrectly(some spacer ring, so the rims were not flush on the hubs). Basically he raised hell and just worked his way up the ladder to the higher ups and ended up getting all his rims repaired for free and they cut him a hell of a deal on the tires. Go over the managers head. Make that guys life miserable for blowing off a paying customer. Good luck.