LLY: Temporary Tie Rod sleeves

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
Yeah, went that route last time but still got stuff packed down in the sleeve around the threads which made it a pain anyways. Just seemed like for $300 I'll save myself two plus hours on the alignment rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
Cognito pitman/idler support w/ the ATP sleeves I used to have and t-bars dropped so that the cv's are straight or negative launched like a solid axle truck.

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
What's your guys opinion on bullet proof tie rods with heim joints? They look pretty stout. But my Tuff country sleeves have a tiny gap between it and the tie rod, and I haven't had a seizing issue yet.

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
I anti seized the crap outta my sleeves when I put them on. I will upgrade to rare/kryptonite when I have to replace the rods again though just because I do a lot of racing. I don't take my truck off-roading.

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
I anti seized the crap outta my sleeves when I put them on. I will upgrade to rare/kryptonite when I have to replace the rods again though just because I do a lot of racing. I don't take my truck off-roading.

That's pretty much the same reason I switched. My trucks retired from the street as my daily driver now and drag radials are expensive to replace just from crappy alignment wear.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
That's pretty much the same reason I switched. My trucks retired from the street as my daily driver now and drag radials are expensive to replace just from crappy alignment wear.

I dont even plan to race on the track ever. I'm still gonna upgrade to the rare parts tie rods I suppose anyway