Techangle=Huge Timer Saver

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Well I jsut bought a 3/8" Snap-On Techangle and backordered a 1/2".

Had to use it on some things this weekend and it is great.

Not having to deal with the angle meter anymore is very nice. I like how you can ratchet back and it will stop counting angle and resume when you go forward again.

I also really like how you can see the torque thats being applied and it shows you your applied torque once you let go.

Pricey, but nice.

IMAG0084-1.jpg

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
ooooo....me likey. :) TTY bolts are a piece of cake now, eh Vinny? Nice addition to the tool box. :thumb:

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
how much were they? i know they aint cheap but i may have to call up my truck guy and order them.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
Ya its a tough $500 pill but one hell of a time saver, I really think there all made by the same people, just come in different colors and handles! Wish the torque went higher though.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
That's a very cool high-tech tool Vinny.

Forgive my ignorance but why do you need to know the angle on a bolt? :confused:

Ever do headgaskets on our trucks? Or work on anything else these days. Everything is torque-yeild aka torque/angle.

they make clumsy gauges that are a pain to set up and some people guess. But when your in a tight spot its nice to be able to ratchet back and forth and not having to worry about looking at a gauge either.

Im guessing its the angle of the handle. If its 90 from the bolt head it will be a long throw than angled 45?? I was kinda confused too though

you just confused the poop out of me.

90* is 90* whether is 1" or 1 mile from the bolt head.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
My concern was hurting the expensive tool by putting a big pipe on it. You won't tq down a flywheel with that short handle.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
My concern was hurting the expensive tool by putting a big pipe on it. You won't tq down a flywheel with that short handle.

dont worry mike, its lifetime warrentied. jsut throw that bar on and torque away :D :rofl: