Tech 2 questions

Dirtybird33

Jul 6, 2024
Southern California
Hello, would anyone be willing to walk me through what’s needed and how to get/use tech 2 on 2006 LBZ ? We bought a real tech2 when we had a couple of lb7’s in 2001 but those are long gone and i completely forgot how to use this thing. I plug it in and the card that is labeled GM isn’t being recognized or read? I have another two cards. One says Isuzu which it recognizes when i put it in and the other card is blank. I guess my first question is how do I possible update this dinosaur and how do o get the info needed onto a card for it to work on my 06 LBZ? Thanks for any help

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
You'll need a CANdi module for it to work with the LBZ. If you have up to 2006 (or higher) in the menu for selecting the vehicle you're connecting to, then you don't need to update it.

Dirtybird33

Jul 6, 2024
Southern California
You'll need a CANdi module for it to work with the LBZ. If you have up to 2006 (or higher) in the menu for selecting the vehicle you're connecting to, then you don't need to update it.
I’ll double check but i think i did have the Candi module (box with light that blinks when it’s hooked up) in between scan tool and OBD 2 port? Do i not use those 32mb cards?

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Yeah, the CANdi module sits between the connector for the DLC and the cable connected to the Tech2. You'd need the card labeled GM (only need one card in and it 'shouldn't' matter which slot), assuming that's what's on it, but if it's not being detected, that could be a problem.

Dirtybird33

Jul 6, 2024
Southern California
Ok had some time to mess with it a little. Yes the scanner attaches to the Candi module and then to the OBD 2 port I tried all 3 cards that i have. It isn’t reading the GM labeled card. So my next question is how do i go about getting a GM card? Or getting it programmed? Flashed ? Onto the blank card that I have? I appreciate all your help

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Well..... The 'official' answer is you can go to https://www.acdelcotds.com/subscriptions and buy the most recent and last version and program it, but that's assuming your issue isn't that the 'GM' card died for some reason.... If you have another blank 32MB card, that could potentially also be used. There's a fairly cheap fleabay option for obtaining a card... You mentioned that it's an official Tech2, which would be good, but are you certain? not sure how to be certain, but the clone Tech2's tend to be bricked when you try to update them via TDS. Don't know how, but I've seen it. Did you get the PM I sent you a bit back?

Dirtybird33

Jul 6, 2024
Southern California
Well..... The 'official' answer is you can go to https://www.acdelcotds.com/subscriptions and buy the most recent and last version and program it, but that's assuming your issue isn't that the 'GM' card died for some reason.... If you have another blank 32MB card, that could potentially also be used. There's a fairly cheap fleabay option for obtaining a card... You mentioned that it's an official Tech2, which would be good, but are you certain? not sure how to be certain, but the clone Tech2's tend to be bricked when you try to update them via TDS. Don't know how, but I've seen it. Did you get the PM I sent you a bit back?
Yes I just got it or at least just seen it did you send that back on the 8th ? That’s what it’s dated? Sorry new to this forum didn’t happen to see a message until now