Tcm torque converter lock up

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I thought there was a thead on here that explain what 2 tables to mess with to get the torque converter to lock up when wot applied 2nd gear and up. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I know what table to locate the limit from 600 and increase the number to something higher then that but what other table was it to play around with to see if it will work. Thank you

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
Why not just use a lockup box for 100% effective results? TCM tuning to command lockup has always been a little inconsistent for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
Why not just use a lockup box for 100% effective results? TCM tuning to command lockup has always been a little inconsistent for me.

I'm with these two above. Can it be done? Yeah, is it 100% guaranteed every time? Nope. A lockup box is foolproof, works 100% of the time, and will work when YOU want it vs when it may be programmed or when it thinks it needs to lockup.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
When properly done it’s perfect. But it’s not avail in the efi live tables.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
When properly done it’s perfect. But it’s not avail in the efi live tables.

I'm with these two above. Can it be done? Yeah, is it 100% guaranteed every time? Nope. A lockup box is foolproof, works 100% of the time, and will work when YOU want it vs when it may be programmed or when it thinks it needs to lockup.

Does bt still sell his lock up box units? I just looked on his site. Mines a lbz/6speed

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
Does bt still sell his lock up box units? I just looked on his site. Mines a lbz/6speed

To my knowledge, Ben does not sell them anymore. The only handheld available new is Fleece. DHD mounts in the dash and is another good option. I have his lockup box in my truck and it has worked great since 2015 when I put it in. If you buy used, it is a gamble that you will have to decide if the auto feature is worth it compared to the Fleece unit.

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
I believe Fleece and DHD sre the only 2 options for a manual unit. I have an old auto lockup box and an Allilocker wired into my LBZ. The Auto box works great for hands free at the track but for rolls or anything out of that scenario manually locking is the ticket. We will be using the maximizer 5 wired into the Allilocker to "program" lock functions when we get everything back together this time. So I will have an old school auto lockup box for sale soon.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
I believe Fleece and DHD sre the only 2 options for a manual unit. I have an old auto lockup box and an Allilocker wired into my LBZ. The Auto box works great for hands free at the track but for rolls or anything out of that scenario manually locking is the ticket. We will be using the maximizer 5 wired into the Allilocker to "program" lock functions when we get everything back together this time. So I will have an old school auto lockup box for sale soon.

I am excited to see how this works!

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013

Let me know when you have yours forsale, I'd be interested.

buick455

Sep 26, 2010
I think what N2BRK is saying is that the tuners that are successfully doing this in TCM tuning found what they needed in the hex/code but all of the tables needed are not in the efi live program. I know it does reliably work with the tuners that found the code but I'm not positive if it's available with every TCM.. like AL5, A40 which you'd have, A50, and T87. From what I've been around the T87 it doesn't seem to be working, at least yet. But I do agree with running a lockup box. The DHD is a great option and I think less prone to issues than some others I've been around as it's very basic.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Ben’s lockup box is now a feature in his autosync module. It is programmable/customizable on lockup parameters. It works 100% automatically and plugs in the obd2 port. No wiring at all, simply plug it in, enable the lockup controller. Ben is able to changed the parameters for lockup (rpm, speed, gear, tps,etc) tho he may charge extra for that-I can not speak for him. But I can say it 100% works at any power level. My 1000 plus whp truck loves it.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
Ben’s lockup box is now a feature in his autosync module. It is programmable/customizable on lockup parameters. It works 100% automatically and plugs in the obd2 port. No wiring at all, simply plug it in, enable the lockup controller. Ben is able to changed the parameters for lockup (rpm, speed, gear, tps,etc) tho he may charge extra for that-I can not speak for him. But I can say it 100% works at any power level. My 1000 plus whp truck loves it.

It’s not available for the 01-06, only 07+ per his website.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I think what N2BRK is saying is that the tuners that are successfully doing this in TCM tuning found what they needed in the hex/code but all of the tables needed are not in the efi live program. I know it does reliably work with the tuners that found the code.

Correct. Works perfectly on my lmm.