TCC slip rate in TCM tune

LBZ_Baker98

Jul 8, 2016
Texas
I've got my LBZ TCM slip rate adjusted to try and help the converter lock at full throttle. It's set stock at 650rpm I think and mines adjusted to 900rpm. It works most of the time but sometimes leaves a bit to be desired. I know a lock up box is best but wanted to try adjusting the rpm to like 1200 or so and see what happens but not sure how it will be on the trans. It's a built trans with stock shafts running a goerend R converter. Thanks in advance

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I think mine is set to 2000 or something high like that. Haven't had any issues. But I don't race it like some others

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
don't know on the LBZ but I can say on the LMM that table does nothing. I'm surprised with stock air and fuel that you can't get an R to lock on it's own properly.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I've got my LBZ TCM slip rate adjusted to try and help the converter lock at full throttle. It's set stock at 650rpm I think and mines adjusted to 900rpm. It works most of the time but sometimes leaves a bit to be desired. I know a lock up box is best but wanted to try adjusting the rpm to like 1200 or so and see what happens but not sure how it will be on the trans. It's a built trans with stock shafts running a goerend R converter. Thanks in advance

you need to log how much difference you are getting (slip). adjusting it may not do anything else for you if the slip is below the threshold.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
you need to log how much difference you are getting (slip). adjusting it may not do anything else for you if the slip is below the threshold.

True. Also, I ASSumed you adjusted the slip table in EFILIVE that is mapped wrong. If you had someone with the ability to properly modify the tune with a cax file, then you can truly change the slip limit and make it work properly.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I cannot, sorry. Mitch (from that thread on efilive) did mine for me. He mapped it out and it works perfectly.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
No. Keep reading. Look around post 115 and 126. They mapped the wrong address. It still doesn’t work.

That sure is interesting. Because it seems to work fine on mine. If I have it set too high 8k rpm???) it doesn't work. It seems as it it is out of range it will ignore it and cause lockup issues but if lower like mine (2k rpm) then it works great. But then again I'm only on stock air so I'm not pushing it as hard as some others

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I tried it and found that weirdness too, if you max the table out, LOL. It was like a hybrid between T/H mode and normal... just weird.

I tried it at 2k and it did nothing. I tried it on my buddy's stock'ish truck with built trans and we found it got into lockup seemingly a little earlier in 3rd but neither truck ever locked in 2nd. With the properly mapped tune from Mitch it locks when it is supposed to. He has it right and it works perfectly. I don't know why EFILIVE wouldn't fix it. he shared his info with them. I tried to revive that thread in the past and it sits there dead.

EDIT: I just saw you're on 4.56 gears with 285/75, maybe you aren't having that much slip to worry about? Have you logged?