TC Bolt Help

jckleewein

Dec 13, 2008
Broomfield, Colorado
I am having a hard time getting this last TC Bolt in. The bolt looks great. I am assuming the first part of the thread might be slightly stripped. I cant see the threads. Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can get this bolt back in.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I am having a hard time getting this last TC Bolt in. The bolt looks great. I am assuming the first part of the thread might be slightly stripped. I cant see the threads. Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can get this bolt back in.
Are the threads lining up ? do you have all the other bolts loose ? a lot of time if you don't start all the bolts ( leaving them loose still ) the last one or a few will not line up right .

jckleewein

Dec 13, 2008
Broomfield, Colorado
Thanks for the reply guys! I have all the other bolts tighten. I will loosen them all up, and give it another shot. I just have a hard time believing the threads are stripped in the TC.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Converter should be pulled forward by sticking a screw driver behind it and pushed toward flex plate. Drawing it forward with the bolts can cock it. You can hurt the flex plate doing the wrong way. I also would not use locktite. The proper converter bolts will have a red teflon sealer already on the bolts. Using locktite will pull the threads out of the billet cover if the trans has to come back out in the future.

Last edited:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I normally pry it forward with a pry bar but figured id be chastised for saying such a thing.

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I normally pry it forward with a pry bar but figured id be chastised for saying such a thing.

This has been the norm since automatics were invented. You're just covering your ass cause you never did it. I've seen your work.

jckleewein

Dec 13, 2008
Broomfield, Colorado
Thanks for all the help. I got all the TC Bolts in this morning. :happy2: I loosen all the bolts up, and the last one went in easy. I used a screw driver to move the TC forward. Worked great!