Tapping oil pan turbo drain

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
1/2" NPT to -10AN or JIC fitting is what is required then. Got it.
Thanks.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
A little info on AN sizing.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I wish I would have payed attention when I drilled the hole so I could screw the brass 90° JIC fitting right into the oil pan. Oh well, it works just fine. And as you can see I am using silicone hose with push lock fittings for the oil return. Works great.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I pulled my pan to weld a bung on and reseal since it was seeping oil. Turned out good IMO.

IMAG0257_zpsyjebitfa.jpg

IMAG0300_zpsd5560100.jpg

Reactions: Kosorio79

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I'll be using braided stainless for my drain.
I am not a big fan of rubber or silicone hose that close to the turbo as from my experience over time the heat makes it hard and brittle then it starts to leak.

super v

Oct 29, 2012
Lehigh, PA
For the people who tapped the front of the oil pan out West. Are there any problems going down the backside of steep grade mountains since all the oil will sit where the fitting is? I would think this cause the oil to back up at that point when going down 10 - 12% grade mountians. When mounted by the starter, the oil will flow directly into lower pan where the oil intake is?

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
For the people who tapped the front of the oil pan out West. Are there any problems going down the backside of steep grade mountains since all the oil will sit where the fitting is? I would think this cause the oil to back up at that point when going down 10 - 12% grade mountians. When mounted by the starter, the oil will flow directly into lower pan where the oil intake is?

Most of your oil will be in the sump(lower pan). When the truck is running, a lot of oil isn't in the pan anyhow.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah

You will be fine.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Liquid all seeks the same level.....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
picture.php
Swapping my pan out when the front diff comes out. Getting rid of the one with the pipe plugs from the other setups. The pan is very thing and it always seeps oil form those. Getting this one welded today. Bungs are -12