Allison 5sp: Suncoast stage IV wont move???

Dirtymax85

Sep 12, 2008
Palestine, Illinois
Went out this morning started the truck and put it in reverse and nothing put the truck in drive and nothing? If i give it throttle it will barely move but acts like it the truck has now power what so ever. Anyone got a clue whats goin on?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Went out this morning started the truck and put it in reverse and nothing put the truck in drive and nothing? If i give it throttle it will barely move but acts like it the truck has now power what so ever. Anyone got a clue whats goin on?

Codes?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

Trent
He has Riley in his sig next to his SC trans. Don't you think that a phone call to him might help? It appears that he built the trans and should have an idea.
It is allways best to call the guy that put it together and if there is no answer, then go elsewhere.
Am I wrong?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Trent
He has Riley in his sig next to his SC trans. Don't you think that a phone call to him might help? It appears that he built the trans and should have an idea.
It is allways best to call the guy that put it together and if there is no answer, then go elsewhere.
Am I wrong?

i thought you were asking me :rofl:

Dirtymax85

Sep 12, 2008
Palestine, Illinois
Yeah Mike I called Riley he was at work so I didnt get ahold of him till later on but I finally got the truck to move after letting it sit and idle for awhile. Its driving fine now but we checked the code tonight and it was a fluid pressure sensor or something like that I cant remember exactly what it was. I will see him again tomorrow and find out exactly what code it was.

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
I had this problem once, drained the pan and took it off and the filter was laying in the pan. Seems that the piece that the filter was supposed to have on it so it wouldn't fall off was missing, (deep pan filter) so it wouldn't hang on there and suck fluid. Thanks O'Reilly's :mad:
Or maybe pressure manifold switch??

Last edited:

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
P0841, and p0843 havent had any time to get with calvin to check it some more, but i am leaning towards a stuck valve, or a faulty PSM