Sump Location suggestions

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
The 16 pounds of fuel you would save for race weight isnt worth the two gallons of miles i could get out of the fuel if i mount the sump forward on the tank, and were traveling on level ground , i could easily get 40 miles out of it, that extra gallon or two is the whole reason i went with a sump, that and it is easier on the air dog to be gravity fed.

Just my .02:2cents:

pizza pig

I Like to Party
Feb 13, 2012
CT
under the stock pickup, and use Motorcraft/Ford/International Gray oil pan sealant. Nothing else touches this stuff.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Apparently Adeso has ran into issues running his with the water settling at the bottom and freezing up......just something to think about on a dd app.

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
Bringing this back...just have a few questions I was hoping some who've installed can offer some advice. How are you all cleaning the tank out after drilling? For those with an AirDog are you just cutting off the quick connect fitting and hose clamping the end onto the barbed fitting? Does anything have to be done to the factory sending unit feed line to seal it up or it can just stay open? Anybody having issues parking on inclines with lower levels of fuel?
Thanks

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I cut the line with a few inches left on the airdog oem hookup and just put a 1/2 plug I made into the line and clamped it. And yes I have had a lot of issues below -17F even with treatment and a 50/50 mix

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Cut off the quick connect and clamp it to the barbed fitting yes. I routed my air dog return line to the factory sending unit feed line so i didnt have to hack the filler neck up for the return line (some people may say that wont work i havent had any issues with mine). As for cleaning the tank out i just wiped out as much as i could with my hand then dumped some fuel into the tank to try and get all of the rest out.

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
I cut the line with a few inches left on the airdog oem hookup and just put a 1/2 plug I made into the line and clamped it. And yes I have had a lot of issues below -17F even with treatment and a 50/50 mix

What's mixed 50/50?

TLKDRTYLLY

1833 AAV Crew Chief
Jun 9, 2013
Hampden, Maine
Kerosene/Diesel aka "Winter Blend" if I'm not mistaken. I believe Kerosene has a lower freeze point then Diesel, so it does not gel up as quick. Kerosene has a lower flash point then highway diesel so you will typically get worse fuel economy during the "Winter Blend" months because of the 50/50 mix fuel stations prepare for us. You just cant get the same combustion efficiency out of Kerosene.