strapping centerlink

kydmaxpuller

Mar 2, 2009
taylorsville, ky
do any of you pullers ever strap or chain down your centerlink? heard of some people having luck but others say it hops real bad. looking for some input and maybe some pics of how some of you are doing it

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
i have never done it. i just lower my tbars all the way down with my tie rods sleeves and have never had an issue. I put cognito braces on my truck a year or two back it helped even more but I have never strapped my center link

kydmaxpuller

Mar 2, 2009
taylorsville, ky
i have a centerlink and tie rod sleeves and just recently added the cognito braces. i havent pulled yet with the cognito installed, just wondering if strapping the link will keep the front from lifting. i had some toe in issues when pulling with no hanging weight even with bars cranked down but i believe that was do to worn idler and pitman arms but those are now replaced so along with the cognito braces i hope that problem is solved.

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Strapping the center link will do nothing for keeping the front end from lifting. All it does is prevent the center link from rolling back and helps keep the front tires from toeing in.

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
I never strap the centerlink I just crank the t~bars down. Best mod I did for the front end so far is build a straight link. It got rid of all tire slop.

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
I dont think you will be able to stop the front end lifting. When i was not hanging weights with the t-bars down my front end would lift. Even now hanging weights the front lifts back up to stock height

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Like mentioned...strapping the centerlink helps to keep it from rotating upwards and pulling in on the tires.

You want to run a strap from the crossmember, around the centerlink, and back to the crossmember, then tighten it until you can't crank it anymore.