LLY: Stock Turbo Mods

madmax02

Apr 30, 2012
Taylor, Mi
Are these 10 blade turbine wheels beneficial? Has or is anyone running one? Wondering if it's worth the hassle to pull/swap turbos with a 10 blade, either a batmowheel or billet wheel and maybe vanes.

madmax02

Apr 30, 2012
Taylor, Mi
Ya as cool as that is, I'm not into spending a full day pulling a turbo to get a cool whistle that doesn't perform! Compressor wheel isn't a terrible swap in the truck.

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
Why would you put a waste gate on a VVT?

To relieve drive pressure and to keep from blowing up your turbo when on a Race tune; but this question could be best answered by Mark Broviak because if I am not mistaken, he has placed a waste gate on his vvt turbo. Hope that answers your question.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
They're not.
That's just the website I found that had a picture and number.

I'm skeptical with anything from them for the price. A billet wheel for only $180!! Sounds fishy to me.

Yellowchevy

I think we are on the same page.
There is also those guys from san diego from tiawan. They gave out the necklaces with compressor wheels. They were wearing all kinds of holset stuff until the guys at holset made them come take it off.

Email addresses are dong@ wang@ and something else.
75 dollar billet wheels.
They even sell gtx wheels on ebay man:thumb:

madmax02

Apr 30, 2012
Taylor, Mi
Oh there def overseas wheel, from japan if I remember right. I had one. Was a good looking wheel but honestly was super impressed. The difference was so minor. I pulled it out when I did my 3" bridge.

05greendmax

dyno and drag numberssoon
Dec 26, 2009
ohio
How much money do u have in it ...is it worth time and effort compadres to just buying a modded stock from Danville or fleece???

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
How much money do u have in it ...is it worth time and effort compadres to just buying a modded stock from Danville or fleece???

The batmowheel, vanes, turbine, and bearings should run you around $1200 - $1400.

It depends on if you enjoy tinkering?
If you do then it's worth it and if you want more power but don't want to jump up to a larger frame turbo.
If you want to make big power or step up to a larger frame turbo then it's not.

It all comes down to your end goals.

I hope that answers your question.

Yellowchevy