Stock trans vs Ford lightning

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Got into it with a lowered Lightning on the way back from class today. Was on the highway doing about 40 when we took off so I locked it into tow/ haul mode and prayed the trans would hold together. I was running my #4 tune from Caleb @ Blackout performance. I ran dead even with him from 40 to 120. Wish I could have hit my big race tune, he wouldn't have stood a chance. I had to keep it off the floor a little but though because I felt my converter was ready to give.

Not really that great of a story but you don't see too many of those around and have yet to read a race story about them. I have no idea what he had done to it. I know there was an exhaust and intake for sure. Possibly a bigger pulley, who knows. It had a mean whine to it.

Couple more months and I'll have a trans and I can leave that truck in a cloud of smoke

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
My dad has beat a couple of them just in the past few weeks. One was on an 1/8 mile track. It only ran a 9.0 at around 80 MPH.

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Oh yeah I am sure I would have beaten him in an 1/8th mile by a good bit. No way he could have launched as fast as me. But from a roll like that and with my battered trans it was a decent race lol

B00STJUNKY

"The Fuel Whore"
Apr 18, 2011
Tide Country, Alabama
I got beat by a HD F-150 when I first got my truck. Got the EJ/A and on lvl 5 got a lightning by a little over a truck up to 70. Guess it was an improvement over the Hypertech PP III. The PPE is still Mo Nastier though:thumb:

Good job man.

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Yeah The kid went to my school actually. I caught him walking up to his truck in between class the other day. It was bored out, cammed, and had a different pully on the super charger. He dyno'd at 425/531. I would say I am pretty happy seeing as my truck probably doubles his in weight and he barely beat my number 3 tune. I chalk that up as a win..