LB7: Stiff upper radiator hose

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
4 drops of water/ antifreeze coming out the resivor hose is not much. But also depends on how full the resivor is to how much is coming out. If the resi is really full thats not much at all. If you can get a hand on a coolant pressure tester you can keep it under pressure via the pressure tester and see if pressure bleeds off. If it does then look for a leak. You can usually drive the truck hard, Let it set over night then pull all glow plugs out. Usually if a cups leaking bad the next day when you crank it over water will shoot out of the hole that a cup is leaking from. I really wouldn't be to worried about the problems that you are describing. The last head gaskets I did on a dmax was puking out coolant about 3 gallons every 10 hours. Head gasket was wasted on both sides! When you start loosing noticable water every day thats when I would be worried. Not just alittle bit of pressure. Hope that was helpful. On edit they also make die for coolant systems. If you feel you have a leak get some at local parts store and find a black light to find external leaks if need be. Most external leaks will be noticable though.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
I agree with ecc. If it's not using coolant or blowing off pressure when it gets hot, I would just keep driving it. When we bought the 02, it had both gaskets gone and it would blow off pressure anytime I drove it.

So we drilled a hole in the cap. :roflmao:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I left my cap unscrewed for awhile, because I was afraid my radiator hose was gonna burst because of the pressure it had on it for along time before. This was after a new cap didn't fix my problem.

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
This morning, checked the hose and it was soft. I was able to squeeze it with one hand. But when I loosened the cap had a bit a pressure to push the coolant up but not enough to go through the overflow tube. Now I'm confused

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
Honestly I'm starting to think it really wouldnt hurt to change out hoses, change thermostats, and drain and refill with new coolant. I mean it is a 2001, probably showing age.

04D_MAX

force fed
Sep 10, 2012
SOUTH GA
Honestly I'm starting to think it really wouldnt hurt to change out hoses, change thermostats, and drain and refill with new coolant. I mean it is a 2001, probably showing age.
your probably fine, just drive it, if its starts puking coolant out the over flow then you have a problem