Steve's Painfully Slow Turbo Install

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Heres the planned setup:

• S472 with the .9 A/R
  • Ricks Pro-Fab pedestal, coated. Really nice piece! :thumb:
  • An ATS hot side intercooler pipe with the V-Band. Banks or stock LB7 on the cold side.
  • LB7 up pipe and intake manifold to get rid of the EGR completely.
  • 4' ATS downpipe.

As far as feeding/returning the oil to the turbo, I'll be testing out one of the kits that Henry is putting together. Steel braided, AN fittings. Not sure what his plans are as far as making more of the kits.

Got the intake, EGR cooler, both intercooler pipes, and the turbo heat shield off today. Good start eh?:D

Up pipe and intake bridge tomorrow hopefully. Got them soaking in PB Blaster overnight.

Should be done with this install in about a month. :D:rofl:

I'll get some pics of the progress and of the parts.

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
You have to take longer than three days to get the painfully slow title that is currently held by Nick (Paint) if I am not mistaken!!:rofl:

Good luck!!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
You have to take longer than three days to get the painfully slow title that is currently held by Nick (Paint) if I am not mistaken!!:rofl:

Good luck!!

you agree though Dale, that those up pipe bolts were installed by the finger of God?

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
you agree though Dale, that those up pipe bolts were installed by the finger of God?

They are a bit** to get in. or how about the pedestal bolts for the ppe pedestal? It did take me 5 nights(1-2 hours each) with a shop light in the driveway. job is pretty straight forward but just takes forever.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
LOL my FPRV never came off... I was forced to buy a PPE rail and I installed a race valve.

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
Me and a friend is gonna install a s400 on a lbz tuesday and were gonna try lifting the cab off the frame and see if this is worth it as far as being faster and easyier

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Yes. I hate that thing.

Im having trouble getting the y-bridge piece with the o-rings to come out!

Up-Pipe bolts are a b1tch too.

take your time with the y bridge... have a long magnet standing by, IIRC I used a 3/8 inch drive socket with a short extension... to get the bolts and nuts off.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona

Got the Y-bridge feed tube out, got the pass side up pipe out, downpipe is out.

Got stumped on the bottom drivers side up pipe bolt that's up top.

The downpipe was freakin IN there!!:mad: Pounded it out.:thumb:

Tomorrow should free the ped from the up-pipes and hopefully get the turbo itself out.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I guess i should get my ass out there already and take a few pics, lol.

It doesnt help that i have to climb up and down over and over!

9" of lift makes it difficult!:violin: