Steed Speed Manifolds/Headers

POWER Freak

Nov 20, 2008
Idaho
Has anyone heard anything good or bad about these yet? The website says they are currently at Fleece being tested. I ran a Steed Speed on my old Cummins and it was great so I am very curious about these but they seem like they might only be useful for extreme builds...

http://www.steedspeed.com/duramax_high_performance_headers
351.35591521_std.jpg

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
I just sold some stuff to Leen last week and he said they were still in testing or to be tested. but that was all as of the first of last week... not sure if any new news.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I sent Steed my up pipes about 8 months ago maybe more for him to use for mock up. This project has been going on for awhile now and I hope the results from Fleece are good. I was told if they don't show any improvement or gains over what is currently on the market he will pull the plug on the project. Fingers crossed.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Test results are in and definitely positive results but he is redesigning again and hoping for more improvement.

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
I've been working on a set for a while that will be going on a large triple'ed truck soon. This is just a rough piece at this point.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 173

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Test results are in and definitely positive results but he is redesigning again and hoping for more improvement.

I thought they did pretty for just manifolds and factory up pipes. Wonder how much more he can wring out of just the manifolds?

Corey

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
I put a 3rd gen t3 steed speed manifold on a 6.7 cummins with a silver bullet it out performed all the other manifolds with the same turbo/tuning/truck comb it was definitely worth the wait and money

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
"With everything learned so far....."

Just how would these be any much better than what is already offered? They look exactly like Rick's.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
"With everything learned so far....."

Just how would these be any much better than what is already offered? They look exactly like Rick's.

I think it's hard to be the reliability of the cast manifolds for a street truck, and guessing there would be little if any power increase with the billet version's.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
He kinda pissed me off a few years ago when I sent him my stock ones for samples, test pieces or whatever and then took months to get them back, even went to his house once when he knew I was coming and he was nowhere to be found. Only to have nothing come of it.....till now.

Will see how his pricing stacks up against what’s already out there. I know he builds great stuff but I don’t know if it’s really going to out perform what’s already on the market.