Question: Stator

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Isnt the 1057 a "Modified OEM Stator" ? in which case it wouldn not hold up to a lot of track time?:confused:

Last edited:

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Our 1057-3D converter established a benchmark for performance torque converters. Often referred to as theMcRat, it has set numerous records at the strip since it's inception in 2005. Our #57 series incorporates a modified OEM stator and is coupled with the "Velocity Series" impeller. It allows good turbo spool-up with stock size turbos running mild tunes and also offers more efficient fluid coupling than our #56 converter. If you're running the larger turbos and the wild tunes and need to spool, see our #55, #58 or #59 series converters. straight off the suncoast website

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Unfortunately thats what the majority of us consumers have to go off of, usually if one were to post a question like that 5 people would instanly say "Go do your research!" or "read the info on their website"... I appreciate the clarification

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
I'll always answer questions from people wanting to know. It's hard to put information out that is 100% barney style that everyone can understand. Id go out on a limb and say The torque converter is the most misunderstood part in a vehicle. Many people realy don't underatand what really goes on inside or how each part plays in conjuntion with the others. Unfortunately "witchcraft" isnt an acceptable answer lol

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Indeed you do and have Andrew, My point is that a lot of times on these forums guys are quick to jump down someones throat when you ask a question, that probably why when i search threads on converters or stall i get stuff from 2012 and earlier for the most part! lol. You have been very helpful thus far, and i appreciate that.:)

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
The best i have been able to do is pull up youtube videos on how converters work, its helped me for the most part but i still dont get the witchcraft part of it...But one day, I will!