Start and die LB7

Studders21

Jan 10, 2015
Texas
Just did the filter head rebuild kit, and when I went to put it all back together, the screws around the primer wouldn't tighten up. Could that cause it to run for 10-15 seconds and then die? If so what should I do, re-tap them or but a new filter housing. Anything is appreciated, I'm new to this whole thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003Duramaxlb7

May 4, 2014
Pensacola,FL
I have something similar, Bought the adapter kit afew months back.. Truck ran great changed the Fuel filter around 10k miles and 3 days later Im loosing prime.. I then noticed that my primer pump was loose, Tighten it up and truck held good for a day.. Then back to square one, I took the filter and adapter off the other day to find nothing.. Im still loosing prime... I need to take the primer pump off and see if that seal is messed up or broken.

Studders21

Jan 10, 2015
Texas
Well I noticed that there is thin plastic coming out of idk what it's called, but it's not replaceable. So I need to find where to buy a new fuel filter housing. I know you can, and there only like a $100, but I can't remember where. I also need to replace my fuel cooler, it's leaking pretty bad. Which I think those two things may be the culprit

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
An lly housing is less than half the price of a lb7,You will need to re rout the fuel line because of the angle but its a good time to change the line .A lift pump will be a good upgrade as well.

Studders21

Jan 10, 2015
Texas
Not unless you choose to eliminate it when you plumb the lines.

Is there any down fall taking it off, after you put a lift pump on?

My fuel cooler is leaking pretty bad, and I've yet to find a replacement for it.

Farleylb7

Nov 7, 2015
Currently in the same boat but mine is just leaky fuel cooler .. If I delete it should I install the lift pump as well ?