Star Watchers chime in.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Been watching stars for quite a while. I watch the big dipper move around the sky over a period of months. Why does the north star never move?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Been watching stars for quite a while. I watch the big dipper move around the sky over a period of months. Why does the north star never move?

Lol, is this a trick question Mike? I have no idea, as usual, and as usual, I have a guess

Because it is aligned or on a parallel line with the earths axis?

:eek:

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
North star "Polaris" is only about one degree off from exact center of the earths "north pole". It does move a full rotation every day, but being less then one degree off from center it's hard to tell.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Cause we move, not them lol.

Where is the STAR HUSTLER when you need him:roflmao:

Anyone remember that dude, I do...:eek:

How about the closing statement at the end of the program

" AND Remember kids.....To keep...looking...UP!

:baby:

Lol, back when life was much more simple

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
North star "Polaris" is only about one degree off from exact center of the earths "north pole". It does move a full rotation every day, but being less then one degree off from center it's hard to tell.

:thumb:

Are you related to the STAR HUSTLER :spit:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
we do not have any street lights in the entire city i live in because there is an observatory nearby, i can always see the stars very clear its kinda nice compared to when i lived in LA, they have different kind of stars... the rich, stuck-up, obnoxious ones.

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
The family has a house up in Star Vally WY and its the most amazing place at night ive been to when looking at stars. Used to be into stars when I was a little guy but havent been for a long time.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Yes, it's inline with our spinning axis and REALLY far way. Stars in general are so far away that they don't appear to move in relationship to each other. This is how they discovered what planets were. They were 'stars' that moved over time in relationship to to the 'stars' around them.

Trivia:

When I was working at Rockwell, they had a tower there for calibrating ICBM gyros. They still used the North Star for doing it.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Yes, it's inline with our spinning axis and REALLY far way. Stars in general are so far away that they don't appear to move in relationship to each other. This is how they discovered what planets were. They were 'stars' that moved over time in relationship to to the 'stars' around them.

Trivia:

When I was working at Rockwell, they had a tower there for calibrating ICBM gyros. They still used the North Star for doing it.

So Pat, where in lies the trivia?

Are you looking for the name of the tower???