Stack kit

CentolaCCSB

It will probably break
Nov 2, 2015
Mass
Well just trying to get some outside views on people who have stack kits weather its a single or double how they like it. None of my buddies have a stack so cant get an opinion from them. anyone regret having them? cab noise get annoying on long trips? Any views appreciated

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
That's as much cab noise as you can get. And yes... :gay:

They were cool when none of the Bros had them haha

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Terrible idea, every time it rains you blow water full of black soot all over your truck, plus the noise is unbearable on the highway...

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
Cab noise is bad at certain rpms but you will get used to it. Gave me a headache the first day and the passengers dont like it but I have a stripped interior. Heard it helps a lot of the stack is taller than the cab.

Color matched one I have

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
Have a single stack mostly out of necessity because my truck is low compression w/ reliefs at elevation which hazes some if it's not totally warmed up and I'd prefer not to haze in people's windows in the summer. :eek:

ANYWAYS, it was pretty loud with a single 72vgt, but drone wasn't horrible and you get used to it. With compound it's actually quite tame. No drone, not obnoxious at all. My biggest complain is the black soot on the cab/window after racing. I drilled a small hole at the bottom of the piping to allow water to drain so I avoid that.

My $0.02 stacks aren't worth it unless you have special circumstances (IE, because race/pull truck)

LbzDMax07

Dec 16, 2013
PA
I've had both a single 7" and soflo side by side stacks. The single was bearable with my vvt turbo but not so much the side by sides. I like the looks of some stack setups but would never do it again

kenp313

Feb 14, 2016
Have an 8in single and it's stupid loud and annoying. Drone is terrible and a conversation while driving in out of the picture

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk