Sooo bad a$$

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
got my stack powder coated. got as close to my truck color as they could get it.

I love it!!! dont know how long it will last, but who cares it looks good right now!

i secured my exhaust this time as im tired of it falling down:roflmao:

let me know what y'all think!
picture.php
picture.php

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
I spray painted mine about 10k miles ago. Didn't even use high temp paint. It's held up perfectly. Powder Coat should be fine.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Looks good. Let us know how it holds up.

Not a paint expert, but I thought powercoat was not for hot parts since it's a polymer. Not sure though, hopefully an expert pops in.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Looks good. Let us know how it holds up.

Not a paint expert, but I thought powercoat was not for hot parts since it's a polymer. Not sure though, hopefully an expert pops in.

Well i know it has to be baked on at a high heat (round 350-400*). above that i dont know how it holds up. i would think it should be ok though as my s475 sat about a 1/4" from my shock hoop that was powdercoated black and it never discolored or flaked

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
here's my black chrome stack after 8 months of hard driving and hauling and temps high enough to melt plastic :( it's dirty here but shines up nice. I had the clamp done to match. If I paid for my coating I'd have over $1K in it after this go around with the new engine and trans build alone. Oh and I've got a cover made now that fits the bend of the clamp that goes down to the bed floor to keep anything from melting to it again

clean10.jpg

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
yeah it did. Im having it redone though cause a plastic bag flew out of a cooler and melted to it. ....

First try burning it off with a propane torch. In some cases, all that is left is carbon dust that will wipe off with a rag.

I had ceramic headers, and a plastic bag melted all over them. Couldn't get it off with cleaners. But after 500 miles of driving, it got so hot it burned the plastic off.

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
First try burning it off with a propane torch. In some cases, all that is left is carbon dust that will wipe off with a rag.

I had ceramic headers, and a plastic bag melted all over them. Couldn't get it off with cleaners. But after 500 miles of driving, it got so hot it burned the plastic off.

hmm well some did flake off after pulling the pull truck quite a way to a pull. I'm not sweating it because i get my coating done for free. Traded out parts for free coating for my personal vehicles for life,,,,,, someone got the shaft in that deal and it wasn't me :D

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
yes it already has,, ;) pics will be posted when it's done but if it can be powder coated or ceramic coated and it lies between the rear of the transfer case and the engine fan,,, it's getting coated. even the whole exhaust is getting black ceramic coating.