LB7: Something is still wrong

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I made a plug for one. M16 bolt 1.5 thread I think. Drilled a hole for the fuel can still return threw it. Just screws right into the back of the fprv as the banjo bolt did.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336412457293.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336412457293.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 27

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
Found a boost leak, drivers side intercooler boot, it wasn't ripped but it was thin and you could see right through it in a small spot, we trimmed it because it was on the edge of the boot. It runs 100% better but it keeps blowing the boot off so I gotta get another one, hoping James has one if not I'll have to order one but I'm hoping this is the fix!!!!:happy2:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I made a plug for one. M16 bolt 1.5 thread I think. Drilled a hole for the fuel can still return threw it. Just screws right into the back of the fprv as the banjo bolt did.
You really don't need to drill the hole. The fuel can flow around the bolt.

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
Not going to bother with the FPRV it isn't blowing open, my rail pressure is ok. After we semi fixed the boost leak it feels so much better now, hopefully once I get a new boot it won't blow off and I can get a good run and say for sure.

Maricopaagent

Glamis Anyone?
Oct 10, 2011
Arizona
Did yours smoke a lot with the boost leak? or less?

I would think with less boost, it would smoke more?

Having similar issues right now..

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
Not going to bother with the FPRV it isn't blowing open, my rail pressure is ok. After we semi fixed the boost leak it feels so much better now, hopefully once I get a new boot it won't blow off and I can get a good run and say for sure.
YAY:woott:congrats man! finally

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Found a boost leak, drivers side intercooler boot, it wasn't ripped but it was thin and you could see right through it in a small spot, we trimmed it because it was on the edge of the boot. It runs 100% better but it keeps blowing the boot off so I gotta get another one, hoping James has one if not I'll have to order one but I'm hoping this is the fix!!!!:happy2:

top or bottom boot?

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
Put the PPE boot on last night, it felt alot better again, but as I drove it seemed to start getting noisey again and feels like its loosing power especially when I roll into it, the log shows mm3 being limited until a point then it picks up and goes??? Boost on the log looks low too? When we tested it for leaks the only leak we found was the drivers side lower boot, guess we have to retest?

Attachments

• 24 zip.zip
    5 KB · Views: 4