LBZ: Something is really f'd up now.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
It fit perfect in my lb7 but was looking like it was going to hit the module in my lly so I helped guide it in place when putting the trans in and slightly tweaked it to make sure it wouldn't rub anywhere.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I finally got a day to work on it a little. Pulled the rad, fan and a few other things, put a 3/4" drive breaker bar with a cheater on it and I can't turn the motor over either direction. I actually broke the balancer bolt loose and I know it's torqued down pretty good. Looks like the motor is coming out.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Not yet, by coincidence my brother broke his crank in his lmm so we tore it down first. The weather has been not cooperating either. I had like one good day to halfass organize my garage. I'm ready to get this motor out and tear it down.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
If all the GP are out and it still won't turn over something is really hurt in there. I can't even think of what would seize it like that. The starter didn't stay engaged and seize up did it?

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Here's an update: Finally got the motor, trans and transfer case out. Somehow got the motor and trans out together. Not fun. After an hour of 2 of my 300lb buddies with pry bars we separated the trans from motor. I'm still a little puzzled how the converter could sieze up that hard inside the trans. And guess what? The motor turns over just fine, no issues. I will put the pic of the converter snout on here cause it's all funky looking.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Oh my it was unreal and I don't want to do it again. I thought my cherry picker was gonna break in half. We actually just suspended the motor and tranny and pushed the truck back.