Help: SoCal Theft-WENDY Found -title change

Status
Not open for further replies.

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
exactly,, with all the right tools sometimes it still gives me fits when i need to defeat it. I've heard a good thief (read PRO) can get past it pretty quick but I've still only heard 3-5 minutes,, not sub 1.
And I didn't think key codes were stored anywhere for the dealer to access on a simple basis where anyone in the dealer could get it at anytime. I thought and was pretty sure they had to be looked them up in GM's system which requires logging on, paying a fee, and entering a VIN to get the code. It's not really part of the VIN or something you can look up in build codes I didn't think. I could be wrong but i know the parts dept can't spit out a key code without going to a little bit of trouble and expense to do so on just any GM vehicle.
We use a reynolds & reynolds system and right in customer vehicle information there is a spot for key codes! When the new vehicle are recieved in the key codes are put in the system along with everything else, i dont like the way we do it but its the way we do it non the less....

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I hope no one sees me driving the F150 rental :rolleyes:

We have a garage full of vehicles and I can't get any out.

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I wonder if all they have to do is disconnect the batteries and they cant track it and then pull a fuse or module for the Onstar

They should use this story to make there Bull$hit commercials my truck never had it The g8 has it and it isn't activated.

Sorry to hear the News

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Are you still waiting for concrete to dry????

Yes, they started on the horse trail this morning. It's a ditch or I would have driven over the concrete poured 1.5 weeks ago.

Ralph offered to let me drive his truck. But, I didn't want to worry about his truck also getting stolen.

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
We use a reynolds & reynolds system and right in customer vehicle information there is a spot for key codes! When the new vehicle are recieved in the key codes are put in the system along with everything else, i dont like the way we do it but its the way we do it non the less....

Oh I see you guys enter the codes yourselves,,
Anyway, yep thieves everywhere. A good friend of mine had her Dodge stolen from her workplace in the middle of the day last week. It was recovered the next day stuck in some mud and trashed.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
What!! When I saw the title, I thought this has to be a joke! I'm sorry to hear this!!:(:( Any news?

Seems like the theives are really coming out of the woodwork these days:mad:

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I hope no one sees me driving the F150 rental :rolleyes:

We have a garage full of vehicles and I can't get any out.

OMG, insurance gave me a red f150 rental to drive until my truck is fixed, what color did you get Kat

Attachments

• DSCF2403.JPG
    DSCF2403.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 28

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
This might sound bad, but BigBlue was parked right next to Wendy.

I really wished they liked the color blue better.

Not that I don't love Blue, but Wendy was much more fun to drive.

xcablb7

Feb 8, 2009
Fall River
I wonder if all they have to do is disconnect the batteries and they cant track it and then pull a fuse or module for the Onstar

They should use this story to make there Bull$hit commercials my truck never had it The g8 has it and it isn't activated.

Sorry to hear the News[/QUOTE
as far as i know once the batteries are disconnected there is no connection to on star

Status
Not open for further replies.