So cheap

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
$3.95 here and climbing. I have a friend that logs and right now his fuel bill is $50,000 a month! Thats off road for the equipment and 6 log trucks and about 5 or 6 service trucks that burn hwy fuel.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
Bought goood Diesel at Chevron for $4.75 the other day, Will be hot rockin the bike more often now that the weather is good again 19 to 40 mpg.

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Bought goood Diesel at Chevron for $4.75 the other day, Will be hot rockin the bike more often now that the weather is good again 19 to 40 mpg.

You've got to go to the 76 off the 60 by your work. Filled up there for 4.27 on Wed:D

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
In no time the price for road fuel will be close to the race fuel from Schied's if it keeps going like this. The little weasel Energy Sec. said it would be $6 soon and it's rolling up there just like he wants it for OPEC etc. Storage is full around the world and they just make us pay instead of opening up our own wells in the lower 48 just for one thing. Bad subject we all know it's a cluster F period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
With my fuel discount I build up and using cash I have been paying about 3.99/gal

Using cash saves you about .10/gal at the pump here.

99.9999% reason fuel prices are what they are is due to politics. IF we paid what fuel should cost without people taking dips/cuts/shares/trades/whateveryouwanttocallit fuel cost wouldn't be talked about all the time.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Fuel prices are controlled by speculation.

Fuel future deliveries are bought and sold by investors, and it's investor demand, not actual demand that drives the prices up.

Normally, you need a shortage to see these kinds of price hikes, but there isn't a shortage.

Just pass a law that you must take physical delivery of any fuel futures you purchase. Prices would nose-dive.

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
Fuel prices are controlled by speculation.

Fuel future deliveries are bought and sold by investors, and it's investor demand, not actual demand that drives the prices up.

Normally, you need a shortage to see these kinds of price hikes, but there isn't a shortage.

Just pass a law that you must take physical delivery of any fuel futures you purchase. Prices would nose-dive.

so true, take this for gospel:mad:

seth999

Wheeewwwww!!!
Jul 1, 2009
Corbin,KY
F the 4.50 a gallon diesel...I can get red fuel through our buisness for around $2 a gallon buying 500 gal. at a time plus I already have a tank and pump that would work...the fines would be cheaper lol...also I have a buddy thats a vehicle enforcement officer and he informed me that around this part of the state they dont even have the testing equipment...soo looks like local=red:thumb:

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
F the 4.50 a gallon diesel...I can get red fuel through our buisness for around $2 a gallon buying 500 gal. at a time plus I already have a tank and pump that would work...the fines would be cheaper lol...also I have a buddy thats a vehicle enforcement officer and he informed me that around this part of the state they dont even have the testing equipment...soo looks like local=red:thumb:

lol awesome :rofl:

I've got a 1000 gallon diesel tank :hmm:

jheyob

Jan 30, 2009
Okeana OH/West Lafayette IN
F the 4.50 a gallon diesel...I can get red fuel through our buisness for around $2 a gallon buying 500 gal.

That's wack...my parents were in the fuel business for close to 30 years and our pump price was normally within $0.15 and our delivery price even over 6k gallons was within $0.10 of our rack price....there isn't that much of a mark up to be slashing $2. That's called a lost leader.

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
Everytime the fuel goes up my job gets busier. There enough oil an gas wells down here where I work to fuel this country. It's job security for me.

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
just paid 4.49 in pa on my way back from wheeling :(

and i have the same god damn crack in my windshield

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
but im ready to start punching the station owners that have the 75$ limit still on them.
I hear ya on that, around here debit limit is $50-75 & credit limit is $75-100
I try to refuel around a quarter tank but with the price climbing I guess Ill have to stop at 1/2 tank

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut

How can you get Red Fuel so cheap? Basically it's diesel without the taxes! Now I know taxes vary state to state but that is way off.

Home heating fuel is not taxed and one and the same as Red and those prices are $3.70 ish in my area. I'd love to see $2.00 dollar home heating fuel.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Hasn't broke $4 here yet, but its close. I love my truck it will take more then $5 a gal for me to even think of parking it. Probably never happen if I told work I cann't afford to drive my truck they would probably pick up my fuel since I haul tools that are needed on site.