So cal smog problems

wahoousma

Aug 10, 2013
Hi folks,

Been lurking around the site lately and decided to register...great site by the way! Does anyone in So Cal know of a smog shop (909-714 area code)that will have a subjective view on a little smoke when rev'd? I have 2002 Chev with a custom tuner and unfortunately, I failed smog today. I passed last time around (2011), but this time the tech must have been having a bad day or something???? Any help would greatly be appreciated!

wahoousma

Aug 10, 2013
FYI - Thanks for the help. But instead of putting it back to stock, I decided to try another smog shop. Took a chance and went blindly into the shop w/out any recommendations. Super cool guy. Ran it for 20 minutes with white board at the exhaust, etc. Passed me the first time around. I asked if he did the stab test 3x's, which he replied 'yes', but that rev'ing my motor to 3 grand could cause damage and that the test is very subjective for diesels. PM me if you want his info!

Hammer 4

Have Hammer..Will Travel
May 27, 2008
San Pedro, So Cali
FYI - Thanks for the help. But instead of putting it back to stock, I decided to try another smog shop. Took a chance and went blindly into the shop w/out any recommendations. Super cool guy. Ran it for 20 minutes with white board at the exhaust, etc. Passed me the first time around. I asked if he did the stab test 3x's, which he replied 'yes', but that rev'ing my motor to 3 grand could cause damage and that the test is very subjective for diesels. PM me if you want his info!

More than anything, I think you got real lucky, so good for you.:D

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
That's why I love my 02 fed emissions... when i was in cali they checked for CEL and that was literally it...theres nothing else to check.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
The test sucks. A subjective test that cost me $60-100. I have to take my 2011 bone stock LML in in a week. What BS. I like clean air alot, but when the test does not quantitatively measure pollutants it pisses me off.

DieselBulldog10

Go Bulldogs!
Jan 16, 2009
Oakdale, Ca
The test sucks. A subjective test that cost me $60-100. I have to take my 2011 bone stock LML in in a week. What BS. I like clean air alot, but when the test does not quantitatively measure pollutants it pisses me off.

Exactly. My brother had a code for a sensor on the rear-end of his dodge somewhere and they wouldn't pass him as long as the light was on the dash. Had nothing to do with smog at all.