Question: Smoke!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I thought this was a Dmax Performance forum?

Smoke on the street is unimpressive and just dumb.

MrUPS

Mar 18, 2009
Northwest Pa
Ok. Smoke is out. Clean power is in. Nothing better than a fast diesel that burns clean. If u have issues with retarded drivers I suggest a nice loud set of air horns. That way when they cut u off u can inform them!

20chevy04

Aug 17, 2011
Stuart ,FL
You know how many times we have heard this..??

I just want some more smoke to piss offother drivers, then a week from now, you willl have 5 different youtube videos of you dumping smoke on random people and thinking, dman that was cool! Grow up. ;)

Im not a video type of guy just want my smoke to be thicker so when a cummins pulls up an dumps smoke id like to do a little then beat him in a race. An talk about growing up, yall are complaining about someone putting a post on something they want to do which is there oppinion and choice to do so.and for those who say it ruins there sport,your sports on the tracks so stay there plus i live no where near you therefore your "sport" wont be looked down on.so if you cant answer my question dont post not trying to be rude but i want to know what i can do and would like help not your opinion.thanks

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Honestly this forum is more for hardcore drag racers, sled pullers, and people trying to make serious power cleanly which is why you arent going to get any help on this subject. But all that aside there really isnt much you can do for your truck to make it smoke a lot and still run good, your options are plugging the intake and having it run like shit and wash out the cylinders or get efi live and TRY to find someone to write you a smoke tune which i doubt you will be able to do.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Seriously? Why do we let these threads continue?
Smoke impresses no one, but fellow idiots. It doesn't "teach" someone a lesson about their driving. They obviously think they are driving fine, so all they do is think your the asshole, and get nothing from it, and it causes more scrutiny to our hobby, more restrictions, etc, and gives us all a bad name.
Please stop and think, and perhaps try to grow up a little bit.

^ This.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Im not a video type of guy just want my smoke to be thicker so when a cummins pulls up an dumps smoke id like to do a little then beat him in a race. An talk about growing up, yall are complaining about someone putting a post on something they want to do which is there oppinion and choice to do so.and for those who say it ruins there sport,your sports on the tracks so stay there plus i live no where near you therefore your "sport" wont be looked down on.so if you cant answer my question dont post not trying to be rude but i want to know what i can do and would like help not your opinion.thanks

Smoke at the track or at the pull is fine, thats where it belongs. But its people like you and the rest of the "smoke tune" "smoke out" and "lope tune" childish wannabe crowd that are definitely ruining it for all the rest of us.
Doesnt matter where you live, doesnt matter if you arent part of our "sport" or dont want to be.....the PUBLIC only sees black smoke coming out of your Duramax Diesel pickup on the street while you're smoking out a pedestrian, a bike or another vehicle that pissed you off. THEY dont differentiate between if its accidental or on purpose.
The PUBLIC then starts complaining to their legislators about the "pollution" coming from trucks like ours and that gets the Feds involved. They then pass new draconian rules and regulations to stop diesel smoke that end up screwing the aftermarket for these trucks and that eventually wrecks the sport. Dont think it wont happen in this lawsuit happy society we live in.

Get it now?

Last edited:

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Smoke at the track or at the pull is fine, thats where it belongs. But its people like you and the rest of the "smoke tune" "smoke out" and "lope tune" childish wannabe crowd that are definitely ruining it for all the rest of us.
Doesnt matter where you live, doesnt matter if you arent part of our "sport" or dont want to be.....the PUBLIC only sees black smoke coming out of your Duramax Diesel pickup on the street while you're smoking out a pedestrian, a bike or another vehicle that pissed you off. THEY dont differentiate between if its accidental or on purpose.
The PUBLIC then starts complaining to their legislators about the "pollution" coming from trucks like ours and that gets the Feds involved. They then pass new draconian rules and regulations to stop diesel smoke that end up screwing the aftermarket for these trucks and that eventually wrecks the sport. Dont think it wont happen in this lawsuit happy society we live in.

Get it now?
What he said

Jetty LBZ

work in progress
Jan 24, 2011
middle TN
makein it smoke is easy and not impressive to anyone in a dodge im sure. blow the doors off a cummins without blowing any smoke and theyl think they just got there ass beat by a stock truck! the look on there face would be priceless lol

wrcknkrw

Feb 21, 2008
roy ut

Get it now?

Very well said Tom. We need this sport to stick around without the government breathing down our neck.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
re route your window washer nozzle into your downpipe and fill your washer fluid container with used motor oil. whenever you wanna roll coal just clean the windshield

20chevy04

Aug 17, 2011
Stuart ,FL
Ok I apologize about asking this question wont happen again would be nice of someone just said there's not much to do other than edition live an I would have said ok an done I wasn't trying to make u hard core dmaxers upset I apologize I really do just wanted to know since everyone on here has been helpful with my other questions . Thanks an sorry yall