smoke/soot

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
So i cant get any smoke/soot out my truck i runnin close to 500hp and a 4inch turbo back exhaust. its a 07 lbz Any ideas?

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
close to 500hp as in you added 365 to whatever number edge tells you it puts out? :rolleyes:

less smoke is better....except for those annoying tailgaters :D

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
hes probably an ex cummins guy :rofl:

smoke does nothing for these engines.....just looks cool at times

willis_bud2

messcan wrangler
Apr 20, 2009
Del Rio, TX
So i cant get any smoke/soot out my truck i runnin close to 500hp and a 4inch turbo back exhaust. its a 07 lbz Any ideas?

Fill out your sig and let us know a little more about your truck. What mods you have etc.

There are guys on here that have significantly more horsepower and produce very little smoke. Our trucks are very efficient and do not need to billow smoke to make good power.

Just a heads up dude, there are people on here that absolutely hate questions like these. Just have a thick skin and don't take anything personal(w/in reason).

You have joined a very tech savy and performance oriented forum. There is an abundance of info here and there are people on here who can help you w/ just about anything you can think to ask about these trucks. I don't have many posts due to the simple fact that most of the problems or issues I have had have been covered on this forum. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON and prepare yourself for a wealth of knowledge!!!

Good Luck!!!:cool:

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
their is nothing wrong with not havein my truck blow smoke i understand its a good thing. I dont want to do it all the time just want to be able to if i want to thats all. Thanks

speedmetal6.6

Dodge Destroyer
Nov 3, 2008
Gillette,Wyoming
I thought I read you were running a PPE Standard? If so , crank it up to level 4 and she'll smoke a little then:rofl: Mine smokes for a little bit and then clears up, but these guy's are right very little to no smoke is a good thing:thumb: p.s I know they say that stage 4 is too much for the tranz , but I have had no slips or other problems with it it just boils the tires! I dont pull or haul with it though. If I do I de program it.

Last edited:

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
With the PPE level 3 (160) you will get very little smoke. That's what I'm running in mine right now. It runs good, and virtually no smoke. Like what's been said crank it up to level 4 (225) and you'll get your smoke. And you are running 500 at the crank maybe, you are probably closer to mid/high 300's at the wheels.

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
i knew i didnt have 500 at the wheels i coud only wish for that. My programmer said it had 5 levels and when i go threw it is says 4 and back to stock am i doing something wrong?

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I'm no PPE guy but I would think level 5 should be availbale with out an unlock code??? A PPE standard on level 5 is like what 160-200 horse i believe, I would not think an unlock code would be needed