sled pulls for California 2009?

DOPEY454

Sep 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
Here!!!!!

What about doing something where they have the Championship Off Road Racing Events. The track in San Diego even has a scale at the track.

DOPEY454

Sep 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
Contact

I called the Public/Media Relations person and left a message at the Championship Off Road Racing Office. They originally had an event scheduled for the first weekend in December and that has been cancelled.

DieselBulldog10

Go Bulldogs!
Jan 16, 2009
Oakdale, Ca
West coast nationals (PTPA) are scheduled for Feb 7 Santa Maria and Feb 10-11 in tulare. But they havn't let diesel pickups pull the last couple of years:(
http://www.4ptpa.com/

Last year they had a couple trucks pull. I know a local guy named Albert Mendes Pulled in Tulare (Blue Dodge). The year before that they had a couple of guys from the ag expo that were from ATS I wanna say (BUT DON'T HOLD ME TO IT) pull. It was a Dmax and a Newer Dodge. But I heard PTPA went bankrupt so I don't knw who is running the event this year. I Think they should consider getting a biger field there I think it would bring more people to the event. especially since 2 of the pull nights are during the world ag expo. There are usually a few pulls in newman, Ca if you like that track I usually get the invites in the mail 2weeks or so ahead of when they do them. Other than that I think Hilmar is coming up in the next couple months and hughson comes up in April or May the same weekend as the hughson nut festival.

Last edited:

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
Last year they had a couple trucks pull. I know a local guy named Albert Mendes Pulled in Tulare (Blue Dodge). The year before that they had a couple of guys from the ag expo that were from ATS I wanna say (BUT DON'T HOLD ME TO IT) pull. It was a Dmax and a Newer Dodge. But I heard PTPA went bankrupt so I don't knw who is running the event this year. I Think they should consider getting a biger field there I think it would bring more people to the event. especially since 2 of the pull nights are during the world ag expo. There are usually a few pulls in newman, Ca if you like that track I usually get the invites in the mail 2weeks or so ahead of when they do them. Other than that I think Hilmar is coming up in the next couple months and hughson comes up in April or May the same weekend as the hughson nut festival.

I should said in Santa Maria as I haven't gone to the Tulare event.

Rules came from the full mod class.

DieselBulldog10

Go Bulldogs!
Jan 16, 2009
Oakdale, Ca
I should said in Santa Maria as I haven't gone to the Tulare event.

Rules came from the full mod class.

I didn't realize you were talking about santa maria. I havn't been there for the west coast nationals. I've only been to tulare. I wish they would allow diesel trucks for the event it would be exciting.

Last edited:

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
The first 2 years myself and another DP member pulled in Santa Maria in the "local 4x4" class. Year 3 IIRC Doug pulled in a diesel class. Not sure what they offered last year...no one replied to my e-mails...:rolleyes:

For anyone that plans to pull in Santa Maria; It's a 250' horse arena. Moist clay mixed with sand. It is a very soft surface. The self propelled sled usually has to be towed back to the start after each pull because it gets stuck... BUT...Every year the track get's better and we have had very little rain so far this year.

DIESELJEFF

CETANE ADDICT
May 23, 2008
HALF MOON BAY, CA
anybody heard anything for a 2009 schedule yet? csspulling still has nothing on their site. any help? something in march , april, may? i gotta get my fix man!!!! im jonesin'!!

cjohnson

Apr 15, 2008
High Lonesome
We will be having the pull again this year at the Antelope Valley Fair on August 29. Last year went well, this year will be even better. I will have more details shortly. What I can tell you is that we will be stepping things up for 2009. Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.

Craig