single stack with twin turbo's

mainer

Nov 11, 2008
no actually mine is a 5" vband outlet, i necked it down to 4" for the ease of fitting the downpipe.

i believe our turbos actually use identical hotsides

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
no actually mine is a 5" vband outlet, i necked it down to 4" for the ease of fitting the downpipe.

i believe our turbos actually use identical hotsides

if your 475 has a 1.32 a/r then they both use a 96 mm turbine , usually the tighter a/r's use smaller wheels .

Last edited:

SDP

AKA Dmax15
Dec 20, 2008
Port Angeles, WA
Hey mainer, think it would have been possible to fit a 5" downpipe in there? It looks like it'd be tight, I'm still trying to put some plans together.

mainer

Nov 11, 2008
the tightest part is the turn off the turbo, it only clears my coolant bottle by about 3/4"

if you relocate or get a smaller coolant bottle its definetly possible but not really necessary to go with 5" ..... 4" will flow enough till up around 800hp i believe

mainer

Nov 11, 2008
sounds good, i pulled my front pipe off today and it doesnt sound any louder

i got a 40" piece of 6" pipe today, going to mitre cut it and paint it black, i'll probably put it in thursday and see how i like it.

smith6.6

Aug 14, 2006
waukesha Wi
I have a 7'' stack twins no muffler truck i a ec it has some rummble when accelerating but cruising it's naot bad at all. It sounds really good and you can still talk to the other people in the cab.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I've got a removable 4" turndown right off of the MPI Down pipe. It ends under the pass side door. It's not loud @ all, unless Im WOT. I made it removable for the track, so I dont smoke the lights;).

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I've got a removable 4" turndown right off of the MPI Down pipe. It ends under the pass side door. It's not loud @ all, unless Im WOT. I made it removable for the track, so I dont smoke the lights;).
How does a turn down right behind the front tires keep you from smoking the lights? Seems to me it would make it easier to smoke the lights.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Because when it's removed the smoke goes straight back, and not down. I forgot to take it off a few times, and have ET'd 9.60's:D. I actually got the boot one time, and had to go talk to the tower to explain there is no way possible that I pulled a 9.xx @ 110mph. The Pic is one I made for Jordan (before polish), same as mine!

Attachments

• Turn down.jpg
    Turn down.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
twins make the exhaust note WAY quiter because of the second turbo. i have that turndown on and its loud as **** but i like it that way :)