shocks? djm 3/5

chaser

crazyasscracker
May 25, 2011
dallas, texas
what shocks do I need to order? read alot of threads about the lowering kit but cant decide. my truck is a DD so I was leaning towards the rancho 9000xl but was told part number RS999262 for the rear would bottom out if I pull the overload. like the qa1s but the truck would hardly ever see the track. the bilsteins 5100s and the belltech street performance shocks were ideas too but i didnt find any info on those really.

any help is apperciated. i got the kit in a few days ago but cant figure out shit about the shocks and want to get this installl going..thanks!

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
DJM lists a set of shocks for their kits. Go to the site. I think any of the stock length shocks will be too long for the lowered kit.

chaser

crazyasscracker
May 25, 2011
dallas, texas
DJM lists a set of shocks for their kits. Go to the site. I think any of the stock length shocks will be too long for the lowered kit.

yea I have the lengths they have for the djm calmax shocks which I heard aren't good from all the threads I have read. got a pm about using djm shock extensions for the rear but they don't list one for the 2500hd only the 1500. and the thread I read on the extension never got updated with feedback. want to do it right the first time around with the lowering kit. the readylift keys maxed out and 1in block in the rear with 35s mounted has been a rough ride for the past year...haha

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
DJM shocks are junk. I ran bilstein's for stock trucks up front on my LBZ, but I had a spindle/key drop instead of LCA. As for the back, I ran KYB shocks.