Setting Factory ride height

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I was under my truck trying to track down a creaking noise and found my drive side torsion adjust bolt was out of the key hole and the key was riding against it bending it and ruining the threads. I was able to get the old bolt out but it was ruined. Got a new one in today but I am trying to find out how to get it properly set up to factory height. I only have 265 tires so I'm just looking to get back to stock for a good ride. Thanks.

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Measure from the bottom of the wheel through the middle of the center cap to the bottom lip of your fender on the good side, then adjust the bad side until it matches up. The suspension will settle a little after you adjust it so check it again every 25 miles or so until it doesn't change any more.

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Is there some kind of way to get a measurement from the a arm to the bump stop frame or something like that? Reason I ask is I want to get both sides adjusted to original specs as I'm not sure what previous owners have done to the truck.

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Fortunately I was able to get the bolt back in by jacking up the truck and letting the a-arm hang down. For now I got the front bumper level but would still like to know how to get it to factory specs for the best ride possible.

rms2012

Dec 7, 2011
Phoenix
James advice was correct. The best ride is what you think it is.
Some folks measure the rear wheel wells to the ground or to the center cap and lower the front down an inch or so . . . as from the factory.

Some folks level their truck . :thumb:

The crazy ones lift their truck. ;)

And, the really crazy ones lower their ride. :roflmao:

Daveroonie

Aug 16, 2012
North O.C.
07keo02, I just bought a 2007 Classic LBZ and the first thing I did was get on the wonderful internet and tracked down a complete set of shop manuals. I'm not smart enough to do much other than change filters and oil without the manuals. Attached are some pages concerning checking the torsion bar adjustments for the 07 Classic. I have no idea if the same values work for the 03's. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Ride Ht 07.pdf
    546.2 KB · Views: 236

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
I think this is what you're looking for. Factory Z height settings.

07keo021.png

07keo022.png