SDP Twins or Danville 68mm Daily Driver

06LBZDD

Mar 14, 2016
:confused:I have been doing quite a bit of research and cannot decide on if I should twin turbo my truck or go with the single Danville.

I work in the turnarounds along the gulf coast and I am out of town a lot. I do a lot of interstate driving and I never tow anything 99% of the time.

I would like a reliable daily driver somewhere in the 520hp-575hp range.

This is my current setup:
06 LBZ
Hot Side Pipe
Mishimoto Intercooler
Mishimoto Radiator
EGR Delete with Pipe
Calvin's Transmission
Downpipe & Exhaust
Pro Fab Up Pipes
EFI Live Tune by Kory Willis

For a daily driver non towing application can you guys please give me some input the SDP Twin vs the Danville, if I need injectors, a lift pump, head studs in your opinion ect to get their safely?

Not looking to max it out with the cheapest money spent. I am on the road a good bit out of town.

Thanks for your time

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
Oh and last time I looked, SDP doesn't include a y bridge. I had to buy one from WCFAB at the time. I do know that aWCFab includes a y bridge in their kits

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I'll chime in with the unpopular voice of reason, LOL. Your goals are quite modest, and the low end of that HP goal easilybe reached with a stock charger and a max effort tune. Staying basically stock will offer you the maximum in manners, reliability, and value per dollar spent.

If you decide that you want 600-700, then there's more to discuss IMHO.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
^^^ what he said with a Y bridge, nozzles, lift pump.

FYI, if you go sdp. You'll have to buy the y bridge and a new egr delete pipe. Your current won't work with their y bridge. I found that out the hard way. And the SDP y bridge was a bitch to install...

There is an sdp y bridge and pipe for sale. In the for sale section.

Last edited:

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I have twins on my LBZ and I absolutely love them. Runs cool and gets great mileage for as big as it is. You could also talk to Russ (yellowchevy) about getting a PnP'ed stocker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

06LBZDD

Mar 14, 2016
I do understand my hp goals are low for the set up I want. My first choice was the SDP twins because I think they have lower egt and pressure.

My wife wrecked my truck on Christmas morning, extensive damage all cosmetic. She had purchased me the EGr delete with sinister pipe not knowing it was a POS setup. I actually busted the sinister pipe. When the truck was wrecked it took my intake and so I have to get the y bridge anyway since the sinister is now toast. The truck is currently being painted ghost blue.

If I do with the SDP Twins the billet s475 with the exergy service for $1500 where I send my injectors in suffice? Lift pump no problem. No head studs?

Thank you for your time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 98

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I'm just up the road from you in St Francisville.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Do your self a favor and get rid of the sinister egr delete and buy a y bridge/ cold pipe combo from one of the vendors when if decide to do the turbo. If you go twins make sure you get the bridge / cold with it