LB7: Screw in injector cups and a 5 inch boost tester

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Awesome work, I'm interested in them if all goes well. I'll never consider buying them from II so it's nice to see another option!

You do know that the screw in cups from II there from Randy's Machine Shop. He came up with them and II just sells them since Randy does not want to deal with the end user for money now.

When I ship heads in for the cups to get installed they go right to his shop.
Basic install for cups is 799.00 that's labor and parts you pay shipping out and back.
http://creaturesofthenightperformance.com/LB7-Torque-lock-injector-cups-labor-P2799685.aspx
Or the kit for your machine shop to do it 1050.00 with cup refills for 790.00 shipped. Heads must be lined up perfect while drilling the end out larger and taping for cup or they will not seal.
http://creaturesofthenightperformance.com/LB7-TORQUE-LOCK-INSTALL-KIT-DIY-P2801906.aspx

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I dont know how much the billet hold downs cost,i do know guys have used billet hold downs and green loctite and still had cups leak.

I am going to try and look into a way to resue the stock cups and make them screw in and just do a core on the customers till returned,then i could really make these extremely afordable.The machine shop told me its very doable.

Scott is it the same shop I'm thinking of? The only issue trying to use the stock cups would be lack of meat under threads to be strong to hold up. So if he can copy the cups over again cheap enough and the locking tool that's what's said to be harder to make. Should be good to go and pump some out in fresh heads.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Why not offer the tool as a loaner with a refundable charge for the guys that are going to do only one set? This would cut down on the cost of the kit which would possibly spark more interest.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Scott is it the same shop I'm thinking of? The only issue trying to use the stock cups would be lack of meat under threads to be strong to hold up. So if he can copy the cups over again cheap enough and the locking tool that's what's said to be harder to make. Should be good to go and pump some out in fresh heads.
No but when the heads come off im taking the heads to him and getting his take on making them and cost.if he can be even more afordable,even better.He will do the install becasue he will be presure testing them.

Why not offer the tool as a loaner with a refundable charge for the guys that are going to do only one set? This would cut down on the cost of the kit which would possibly spark more interest.
Good idea and thats not a problem to do,i just think that if a guy has a problem and wants to reseal he will keep the tool but anything to keep the end user cost down im all for it.

^^^ If they could be done of less then 600 bucks I would be all over it. I think that what it costs for studs and hold downs.
Well its very close right now so im thinking its gonna be a very good price.

Last edited:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Hmmm...DIY threaded cups. If cost-effective, it would sure be a nice option to have.

Scott, do you still have to seal the cup bottoms with loctite?

You already have that option with Industrials screw in cups.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
If 1 shop is all you need I guess your all set.

No we need more options. I was only stating a fact. We already had that option if doing it yourself. I have thought of doing the same thing myself. I don't buy much of anything g from II either.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

Unless you put a $500 charge on it, there are too many thieves, forgetters and procrastinators to really make that work efficiently.

You already have that option with Industrials screw in cups.
I honestly dont pay much attention to what they do, but if its $800 to have cups installed, then thats a decent deal in itself.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
No we need more options. I was only stating a fact. We already had that option if doing it yourself. I have thought of doing the same thing myself. I don't buy much of anything g from II either.

I probably should say I'm not reinventing the wheel here and there are a few shops doing this I have just always thought it was able to be done a little cheaper without loosing quality to make it more affordable for the end guy.Yes II has a kit and I believe it's 1050 for the kit, nothing against II I know they are in business and need to make money I just think it can be done cheaper is all.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
You do know that the screw in cups from II there from Randy's Machine Shop. He came up with them and II just sells them since Randy does not want to deal with the end user for money now.

When I ship heads in for the cups to get installed they go right to his shop.
Basic install for cups is 799.00 that's labor and parts you pay shipping out and back.
http://creaturesofthenightperformance.com/LB7-Torque-lock-injector-cups-labor-P2799685.aspx
Or the kit for your machine shop to do it 1050.00 with cup refills for 790.00 shipped. Heads must be lined up perfect while drilling the end out larger and taping for cup or they will not seal.
http://creaturesofthenightperformance.com/LB7-TORQUE-LOCK-INSTALL-KIT-DIY-P2801906.aspx

That's ironic, because I will never deal with II again for the money part.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Ok guys we pulled the cab and started tearing it down to do head gaskets.Pulled the injectors and found 2 cups stuck to the injectors so I didn't have bad head gaskets I had 2 pushed cups.This just reinforces my belief in the screw in cups I can't wait to get these done.

Attachments

• cab lift.jpg
    cab lift.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 62
  • lifted cups.jpg
    lifted cups.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 65
  • lifted cups 2.jpg
    lifted cups 2.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 62
  • lifted cups3.jpg
    lifted cups3.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Turbod2500

Sep 18, 2012
Il
Looking forward to seeing the results. Just finished putting studs and injectors in my buddies lly. Now going to have to do mine soon. Blk smoke lb7 thanks again for the push rod helped out a lot.