Schaeffers Roll Call

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Whose running it? Looking at running the 7000 15w-40. I know it's pretty expensive but is it worth the extra several bucks? I'm currently running Mystik 15w-50 by Citgo and it's been nothing but good for us here on the ranch since the 80s in all of our equipment. I know schaeffers has been around since 1839 and the people the run it swear by it. Just curious if it's something to look into? Thanks

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I won some in a raffle. I always thought oil was oil regardless until switching. I could easily hear a noise reduction in the engine. Even had a friend point out how much quieter it ran. I've never had the oil tested to see how well it's lasting, however I change my oil before 3000miles regardless haha.

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
I always ran delo and never had any problems. Then I started monitoring my oil temps and had read in the oil cooler thread that superdiesel had tried shaeffers and noticed a drop in oil temp. So I swithched over to the 7000 and although I did not see my oil temp drop my motor seemed to run smoother and I did see a slight mpg increase.
I now run the 9000 and havent noticed much diff between the two.
Two reasons why I run it but if it wasnt for number 1 I would prob stick with Delo.
1. A friend of a friend of a friend gets me a killer deal on it.
2. I have torn into 4 Dmax motors two were from the same guy who said that he had only ran shaeffers in them. Those two motors were the cleanest motors I have ever seen on the inside. The other two had the typical sluge built up.

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
We use the 7000 in our shop, keep a drum on hand. Great oil have no complaints. I believe it's the 9000 iirc that we use in our high hp/comp trucks.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Running the Supreme 7000 1540 with Zinc myself Blake as well as their transmission fluid. I feel like it's worth the little extra im spending. When you buy it right, it becomes a no brainer. I plan on going 7k miles on an oil change and having the oil tested. Zack Chavez and his family buy it by the drum and only run it in their pickups and 3 semi trucks FWIW.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Sounds like everyone is impressed with it :thumb: I know several years ago I remember Eric Merchant posting that he loved this oil as well after running break in oils on fresh builds.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Schaeffers is a very good oil, but cant beat Delvac for the price. Its the best oil I have ran in my truck. After 15K on the oil I had single digit wear numbers. Thats the first oil that has very done that on my truck.